novice keeper - Veiled in trouble

Looking at her picture, I see eggs. She might just need a lay bin and privacy.
I only have a small bin in with her at the moment just to see if she showed any interest - but as her mobility is so poor not sure she's capable.
Privacy - should the enclose be screened?

I only have a small bin in with her at the moment just to see if she showed any interest - but as her mobility is so poor not sure she's capable.
Privacy - should the enclose be screened?
She's not going to lay if she can see you. Even a sheet over the enclosure would work if she has a lay bin. The vomiting throws me off, though. The vet read the scans?

Seems slightly stronger today though still quite uncoordinated and liable to fall off of her branch. Getting a little concerned that I'm not giving her any peace as I'm constantly checking her condition, temperature etc. hence she is quite dark and grouchy!
Substrate has been removed, and antibiotics given along with a little water but no food today. Just need to sort a larger laying been in the privicy screen - tried to get hold of the vet ref copy scan/X-ray but not been able to get back to me as yet.

Ps I was cleaning out my green iguana cupboard) Lost him last year after 22 years) and found some old unopened D3 supplement drops - Anyone know if it degrades, any good for my cham girl?

IMG_4348.JPG
G

Just got hold of my vet, on the positive side he was very confident she was not too overweight, impacted or egg bound...but on the negative side it seems I misunderstood him on our last visit, his concern is that the grape like bunches he noted on scan may indicate her ovaries are cystic! (No digital or paper record of scan). Anyone had this before?
He was going to be out of the office until Thursday but promised to send the x-ray by email

Did the vet say if the follicles/eggs were round or oval?
Follicles can look like bunches of grapes.
Did you figure out what's going on with the right shoulder?

Did the vet say if the follicles/eggs were round or oval?
Follicles can look like bunches of grapes.
Did you figure out what's going on with the right shoulder?
He didn't say anymore than he could see what looked like bunches of grapes that he though could be cysts on ovaries.
Re the shoulder I think and hope it's just the angle the photo was taken at that makes you think there is an issue.nothing I detect when holding her.

She has kind of the blue stripping I would expect with receptive colors, and the darker brown spots could be the usual orange spots but her just being stressed. But I agree with the way she bulges in certain areas more specifically she looks like she is carrying formed eggs. But she also has at least mild MBD of some form. And is pretty beat up along her spine spikes. In my opinion her casque isn't in that great of shape either. I wouldn't be surprised if she needed not only liquid calcium but also something to encourage her to lay. Though that can be a serious and dangerous endeavor and can take a huge amount of energy out of your cham. If you get a shot to help her lay, bring her in a bucket with dirt just in case she starts laying then, also be able to provide her with water and food as soon as you get her home. She will need it. You did not get an easy case that's for sure.

I keep looking at pics of her, and I still just see eggs. She needs to lay. And probably calcium. I see gular edema, too.
Wherever she was kept previously was either too cold or too shallow. She has the scars to say that she beat herself to pieces looking for heat or height.

Beanie is right smart fat, don't get me wrong. I know a chunky butt when I see one. She's holding pouches over her legs that aren't fat. They're eggs, Imho.

I agree there looks to be a small gular edema forming in her throat/chest area where it always starts. I am not sure whether that is the weird gravid things some females get? Or if it's a sign of vitamin deficiency, with her circumstances it could easily be both.

I agree there looks to be a small gular edema forming in her throat/chest area where it always starts. I am not sure whether that is the weird gravid things some females get? Or if it's a sign of vitamin deficiency, with her circumstances it could easily be both.
Beanie seems to get the gular edema before she even starts showing pouches over her legs.

He didn't say anymore than he could see what looked like bunches of grapes that he though could be cysts on ovaries.
Re the shoulder I think and hope it's just the angle the photo was taken at that makes you think there is an issue.nothing I detect when holding her.

I think he is misreading our x-ray. Ovaries look like grapes of different sizes as the follicles develop. What you are describing is worrying to me. The poor coordination, etc. I wonder if she is egg bound. Maybe the vet didn't see them because they were poorly calcified. Or maybe she has a severe calcium deficit.

Back
Top Bottom