`not using tongue`

georginachelsea

i recently had my chameleon E.D at the vets because of a lump on her eye, while i was there i asked about her not using her tongue (it has been ten days since i saw her use it) she chases the crickets and tries to just bite at them. when she was at the vet he cleaned out her throat which did have some debris off her vines but he said he couldnt see what else was effecting it. has anyone got any past experiences with this kind of thing!!!!

I had a similar problem last summer- Yoda wanted to catch his food but when he opened his mouth to shoot, his tongue didn't move. He had also problems with chewing his food when I helped him. It was 14 days and I was really worried. The vet kept giving him calcium and antibiotic injections and after 14 days he started to use his tongue again so it was probably caused by the "summer food" I give him (in the summer I catch the creatures on the meadow).

OR the vet also told me the tiny bone in his tongue could have been broken- and I've read it takes so long to recover. So you can only hope it's not this..

Back
Top Bottom