New veiled Cham questions

MyLittleZoo

IMG_7262.JPG
IMG_7263.JPG
I adopted my boy Zeus 2 days ago. He didn't eat anything for the first 24 hours or so. Last night I saw him eat a couple of mealies but haven't seen him anything since.
A little background on him...he is a 2 1/2 year old rehome, his previous owner is moving and couldn't take him. He's been in an iron cage his whole life with no screen. When I adopted him he didn't come with the enclosure but I did get everything from inside his enclosure. As you can see by the picture he is in an iron encloser that I have screened and all of his "belongings" are in with him plus several new things. He had a fountain thing but I read on the forum that those aren't good so he now has a Little Dripper and I mist him. He also fed him mealies in a dish and crickets he held up to him to "catch" out of a container. I'm trying to make his transition as easy as possible but I am a little worried about him not eating:(

Well he is new to you so he is readjusting so that can take a while. Also maybe give him a few days to settle in then try cup feeding. He may be used to that if he was always in a cage where the crickets couldn't be free ranged. Also don't feed Mealworms as most members say they cause impaction.

Well he is new to you so he is readjusting so that can take a while. Also maybe give him a few days to settle in then try cup feeding. He may be used to that if he was always in a cage where the crickets couldn't be free ranged. Also don't feed Mealworms as most members say they cause impaction.
What would you suggest for a feeder "worm"?

I would try to get a good staple feeder like crickets or dubia roaches. I keep superworms for the occasional treat or to coax my veiled out of his cage.

Did you get dusting supplements along with him?

Back
Top Bottom