New owner

I do see you have the monsoon. There are a bunch of settings on that, not sure bout that model. but if it has it. Do every 3 hours for 1 min. Since you got a little guy. I don't remember if it goes higher. set it to which intervals you want, press the right button, in middle section of buttons. To shut it off which you should at night. hit the middle button, and in morning hit right button again. The blue light should indicate the right 2 interval buttons around by the hours and times.

Chameleons really need the plants up top more where they walk around incase they want to hide under some shade. Also get tons more bendy vines and some branches. I know your mentioned you had
Are you saying to not run the mister at night at all Just morning until evening?

Are you saying to not run the mister at night at all Just morning until evening?

Yes, You preferably want to let the enclosure dry out between each misting. But also you don't want to flood the bottom, assuming you don't have a drain? I have same enclosure and ive never had a flood problem yet, but that's also a good benefit of live plants they take all the water that falls to bottom of my enclosure.

Oh sorry for double post but, also a light on at night is definitely not an option because chameleons cannot sleep with a light on even if its not bright. ( like pet chains sell the night light bulbs) Once lights out it needs to be fairly dark. TV's at night usually are not an issue. Id recommend set your auto timer to around sunrise to maybe 8 at night. There are two things you can do to address the cold problem at night. 1 is a ceramic heating bulb which goes right into the fixture you have. The section option is a heating pad to go on the outside of the enclosure.

i have a https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K5QVBCU/ temp gun. assuming it's accurate, it hit the top of my hibiscus at 74.8 and 80.0. Which is slightly low but I have the light bar set to turn of in 2 stages 15 minutes apart. One set of my 6500k bulbs were out when I took the measurement. So, I'm guessing if all my lights were on, it would be warmer. If not, I have both a 60w and a 100w red heat bulb that I can add.

Is the blue led light from the hood at night bad?

Finaly finished the cage .Put in some branches. Repotted the plants with organic soil. Put the drain in the bottom. Any suggestions on improvements?
20180904_191847.jpg 20180904_191847.jpg 20180904_192005.jpg

Back
Top Bottom