New owner

I live down by Santa Claus. Im going. You ever been
I wish I could have made it. I worked a 12 last night and had to work another 12 tonight. So, I needed sleep. I'm going to try to go to the one at the fairgrounds on the 26th.

Also, as mentioned above, dont rule outshipping. I currently have 7 chams and all were shipped even the two that just hatched. They actually came as freshly laid eggs that I incubated. Shipping has really evolved.
Ya, I've looked at some online ppl. Anyone you suggest? Anyone you stay away from?

To reiterate there’s not enough perches in there and they are readily available for free at parks in your yard or nearby woods, I like circumference to be different to create variety and more natural environment...use an incandescent build (household bulb for basking) it will also brighten up your enclosure and provide a bit better basking area...good luck ;)
Ya, we had been working on more foliage and perches in the cage. We used fake stuff from petco and petsmart. This time we are going full live stuff and real branches.

Any of our site sponsors are good and there is also @Mattvanillagorrilla. I have gotten eggs from him and am getting a sub adult Nosy Be from him next month. Hes a good guy to deal with.

Any of our site sponsors are good and there is also @Mattvanillagorrilla. I have gotten eggs from him and am getting a sub adult Nosy Be from him next month. Hes a good guy to deal with.
Can you direct me to the best resource for egg raising? I saw some post about breeding but not sure how to wade through it all. Not interested in becoming a breeder. Not sure if I'd want to try to raise one from an egg. Might just want to start with one that's 3-6mo old. I really think the one we got was too young and already sick from Petsmart.

Also, the hood I bought is:Odessy HO T5 24" Quad Fixture W/ Arcadia 6% Bulb & 3 x Daylight Bulbs - BUILT IN TIMER

after this, still use an incandescent bulb? I don't even think I can buy those here anymore. I know all the retailers here have switched to fluorescent bulbs and LED claiming they are banning incandescent.

Can you direct me to the best resource for egg raising? I saw some post about breeding but not sure how to wade through it all. Not interested in becoming a breeder. Not sure if I'd want to try to raise one from an egg. Might just want to start with one that's 3-6mo old. I really think the one we got was too young and already sick from Petsmart.

Also, the hood I bought is:Odessy HO T5 24" Quad Fixture W/ Arcadia 6% Bulb & 3 x Daylight Bulbs - BUILT IN TIMER

after this, still use an incandescent bulb? I don't even think I can buy those here anymore. I know all the retailers here have switched to fluorescent bulbs and LED claiming they are banning incandescent.
You will probably have to provide some sort of heat for a basking spot, doesn’t have to be incandescent, could be a ceramic bulb. The linear bulbs create some heat but not enough to replace the basking bulb.

And good call on the light, I’m putting together another enclosure and will be getting the same one!

And good call on the light, I’m putting together another enclosure and will be getting the same one!
Nice It got good reviews. How are you doing your lighting? That good and then an incandescent lamp? I'll probably keep my baking bulb that came with the setup we bought

Nice It got good reviews. How are you doing your lighting? That good and then an incandescent lamp? I'll probably keep my baking bulb that came with the setup we bought
4 48” T5 HOs one is an Arcadia 6%
The fixture itself is from one of my old hydroponic rigs. For basking I have a 100w ceramic bulb.

So here are the plants we picked up this week.

Ignore a few things.
1. I haven't repoted the plants yet. Since they haven't been repoted, there aren't any rocks covering the soil. I have a good organic soil ready for use.
2. I haven't added the branches for basking and stuff yet. Those will go around the cage between the trees, etc.
3. Ignore the cardboard elevator I'm using for the little plant. I just wanted to raise it and it was what I had around.

How's it look? Is the Ficus tree too high? Should I trim it down so it's not too close to the cage top? I put that high branch in the back away from the light. Is it ok?

20180827_131326.jpg

20180827_131337.jpg

20180827_131345.jpg

That’s not a ficus, looks like a hibiscus to me. I haven’t tried, but have heard they are very difficult to keep alive indoors. They require tons of light from what I’ve heard. Anyway, those plants look great. Now let them grow out and fill in that enclosure. Good luck with the hibiscus, it looks great.

So here are the plants we picked up this week.

Ignore a few things.
1. I haven't repoted the plants yet. Since they haven't been repoted, there aren't any rocks covering the soil. I have a good organic soil ready for use.
2. I haven't added the branches for basking and stuff yet. Those will go around the cage between the trees, etc.
3. Ignore the cardboard elevator I'm using for the little plant. I just wanted to raise it and it was what I had around.

How's it look? Is the Ficus tree too high? Should I trim it down so it's not too close to the cage top? I put that high branch in the back away from the light. Is it ok?

View attachment 212723
View attachment 212724
View attachment 212725
It’s a good start and yes that is without a doubt a hibiscus.

That’s not a ficus, looks like a hibiscus to me. I haven’t tried, but have heard they are very difficult to keep alive indoors. They require tons of light from what I’ve heard. Anyway, those plants look great. Now let them grow out and fill in that enclosure. Good luck with the hibiscus, it looks great.

It’s a good start and yes that is without a doubt a hibiscus.
Ya, not sure why I said ficus. Hibiscus all the way. Specifically got that for the flowers! I'm hoping with the lights that I put in there, I will be able to keep it alive. We'll see.

You guys think that hibiscus is ok? It's not going to hurt a chameleon with it that high?

Ya, not sure why I said ficus. Hibiscus all the way. Specifically got that for the flowers! I'm hoping with the lights that I put in there, I will be able to keep it alive. We'll see.

You guys think that hibiscus is ok? It's not going to hurt a chameleon with it that high?
Why would the height hurt a Cham?

People said too close to the lights will burn it, especially a young cham.
You have been given good advice, that’s definitely possible.

It would also be a good idea to take a temp reading at the very top of the viv as close to the basking spot as you can get. That is where the real burn threat is if you have a young Cham. It’s impossible to keep them from climbing on the walls and on the roof. The most common way chams get burned is by climbing past that basking bulb.

Chameleons love to eat the flowers of the hibiscus....they are a good source of vitamin A. My chameleon Orange Juice loves them. I have 4 like the one you have. I rotate them in his cage to give the other 2 a chance to bloom.

11195C63-C42D-4FE4-B015-4AC53C3537B6.jpeg
Chameleons love to eat the flowers of the hibiscus....they are a good source of vitamin A. My chameleon Orange Juice loves them. I have 4 like the one you have. I rotate them in his cage to give the other 2 a chance to bloom.
Here’s a pic of the flowers he ate

I do see you have the monsoon. There are a bunch of settings on that, not sure bout that model. but if it has it. Do every 3 hours for 1 min. Since you got a little guy. I don't remember if it goes higher. set it to which intervals you want, press the right button, in middle section of buttons. To shut it off which you should at night. hit the middle button, and in morning hit right button again. The blue light should indicate the right 2 interval buttons around by the hours and times.

Chameleons really need the plants up top more where they walk around incase they want to hide under some shade. Also get tons more bendy vines and some branches. I know your mentioned you had

Back
Top Bottom