New Female O’shaughnessy - daytime sleeping

Bammer

Hello Chammunity.

Well, three days ago I took on a pair of wild caught O’shaughnessy. I had two males and one female to select from. I decided to go with the younger and smaller male and the female who appears to be small and young also.

They’re quarantined outdoors and equipped with a ceramic heat lamp at night.

The male has ate a superworm and crickets. Female hasn’t ate yet, she spends most of the time with her eyes closed in the day.

I live in San Diego. They are in a 24 24 48 and the weather here is perfect. Heat at night.

They have two misters in the cages and I have been keeping them hydrated with 10 min every couple of hours.

I took her weight at 32.3G then gave her 2 drops of Fullers liquid vitamins today.

No fecal to test yet.

Vet scheduled for Wednesday at 3:30.

Any suggestions in the interim?

Thanks.

-Bammer

Try a long shower. also you could use a eye dropper to force some water by pushing slightly on the jaw but be sure to be gentle. Try using an electrolyte solution like unflavored pedalyte and water.

O’shaughnessyi are a difficult species to work with. Many come in with heavy parasite loads and many others just don’t adapt well to captivity. I’m sure the vast majority of these WC O’s have perished. Getting their care dialed in can be tricky and I would say you definitely do not want the provide any heat at night. They prefer cooler temperatures overall and if you can get into the 60’s or even 50’s at night, that would be beneficial imo.

Back
Top Bottom