New Cham not eating and making slight pop or click noise while breathing occasionally

Good that you have plants. You need to get off the mealworms and use things like small supers,BSFL, discoid or Dubai roach nymphs. That fan is good and will help airflow out a lot.
He really wont eat them anyway its only day 2 and half for him in my care and today is the first day i can say he might have eaten cuz there is only 1 cricket in enclosure. But before they have been held tight in the cup i thought in the day previous. But the meal worms will stay in there untouched anyways

I use small zip ties for a lot. You can use bamboo rods and cut them down to size and build a frame that you slide into the enclosure. this will help with attaching plants and branches. Get real branches from your yard wash them off and use them. Just not from a pine tree or sap producing tree. Anyways the bamboo rods are pretty cheap at home depot or lowes. Not a great long term method as they do mold a bit.
i love having only sap producing trees around me...... This is gunna be a tough one lol. I do have 4 small vines already.

okay so today has been a long damn day. cage is setup, will provide pics in the am, took advice from the cham academy while setting it up and im confident once these plants start growing this will be a great setup, took me nearly 5 hours.......... but im filling out the husbandry sheet now! sorry for the wait!

Your Chameleon - Veiled Male and Petsmart Said he was about 2 months old she didn't really know
Handling - have only touched him with a warm q-tip to wipe stuck poops/pee off his butt or tail if it sticks.
Feeding - He is getting 5 crickets and 2 meal worms for the first 9 hours he is up last few are saved for digestion (dusted in calcium no d3). Crickets are fed carrots, sweet potatoes, carrots and lettuce. I also have homemade feeder cup i magnet so side of cage about half way up cage
Supplements - ReptiCalcium without D3 and ReptiCalcium with D3 and the sample size Zoo Med Retivite. No D3 everyday, D3 once as month and vitamins once every two weeks. Have not given him d3 or vitamins since i was gunna wait till my 2 weeks of owning him to start my own reliable schedule.
Watering - I use spray bottle 2 times a day, and fogger overnight as well as little dripper going most of day while im home for him to drink. Ive been misting for 2 mins or so 2 times a day. Yes from the dripper usually in the morning/afternoon.
Fecal Description - His pee has been white but i havent seen many poo's but the 2 or 3 i have seen have been brown and hardened up after being on the cage floor for a few hours until i clean it up with paper towel. No but we have vet visit this Thursday for my little guys first checkup
History - He is from Petsmart so im not sure what kind of routine he was on before my care.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - All mesh and 16x16x30 ReptiBreeze
Lighting - I have ReptiSun T8 5.0 UVB Tube at 15watts as well as a 60 watt blue heat lamp from ReptiSun. Schedule is 8am to 8pm
Temperature - Day is 80 to 85 basking and a 80 to 70 gradient going down. And i am using small probe like thermometer
Humidity - Day 50 to 40%, Night 70 to 90%. During day i mist in am before or right after lights go on and then not again till 7pm or so, for night i have a ReptiFogger going for about 5 hours 1 to 6am. Little circle hydrometer from PetSmart
Plants - Yes, and i have bird fern in bottom of cage for moisture during night and golden hypothos for hiding and some climbing. Both plants are still very small due to time of year i tried to purchase. Also have some fake plants lining about the fern to collect alot of moisture from the fogger
Placement - It is in my room and in a corner next to my gaming desk. It is across the room from a window (10 ft tops) and there is a fan tht i will have going most of night as well as during day with the window open for fresh air for both of us and yes im mostly in my room for school/gaming and dont really leave much. And the cage is starting about hip level (its perfectly even with my desk) and the top of the cage is near the top of my head while standing so about 6 feet in air
Location - Northern Delaware

Current Problem - The first day i had him he was puffing up with his mouth slightly open and leaning up and it occasionally made like a click, not very loud but if you stood in front of cage and it was quite you would slightly hear it. He also hasnt eaten but his cage was very very small at petsmart (lush but very small) and now he is in a cage like 5x or more his original cage so i figured it is stress related
[/QUOTE]

my feedback is in red.

Your Chameleon - Veiled Male and Petsmart Said he was about 2 months old she didn't really know
Handling - have only touched him with a warm q-tip to wipe stuck poops/pee off his butt or tail if it sticks.l wouldn't do that that's probably stressful for him and its not necessary.
Feeding - He is getting 5 crickets and 2 meal worms for the first 9 hours he is up last few are saved for digestion (dusted in calcium no d3). Crickets are fed carrots, sweet potatoes, carrots and lettuce. I also have homemade feeder cup i magnet so side of cage about half way up cage.soon he will start eating lots more in a few days so you want to be feeding him as much as he will eat so. then juvenile soasically 15 or so small feeders daily when he is a baby. then when he hits about 5 months feed about 12 feeders but a little bit bigger daily. Then ween him down very slowly to getting fed 7 or 8 feeders daily also a little bigger every other day when he is 7 months then by 8 or 9 months feed him 5 feeders slightly bigger every other day. you need to get off mealworms and switch to things like BSFL or small supers.I will have gut load picture below.
Supplements - ReptiCalcium without D3 and ReptiCalcium with D3 and the sample size Zoo Med Retivite. No D3 everyday, D3 once as month and vitamins once every two weeks. Have not given him d3 or vitamins since i was gunna wait till my 2 weeks of owning him to start my own reliable schedule. good
Watering - I use spray bottle 2 times a day, and fogger overnight as well as little dripper going most of day while im home for him to drink. Ive been misting for 2 mins or so 2 times a day. Yes from the dripper usually in the morning/afternoon.Good but for your sake you could get a monsoon solo for about $60.
Fecal Description - His pee has been white but i havent seen many poo's but the 2 or 3 i have seen have been brown and hardened up after being on the cage floor for a few hours until i clean it up with paper towel. No but we have vet visit this Thursday for my little guys first checkup
History - He is from Petsmart so im not sure what kind of routine he was on before my care.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - All mesh and 16x16x30 ReptiBreeze eventually you need to get him a 2x2x4 or bigger.
Lighting - I have ReptiSun T8 5.0 UVB Tube at 15watts as well as a 60 watt blue heat lamp from ReptiSun. Schedule is 8am to 8pm you need to switch to an Arcadia t5 6% or a reptisun t5 HO 5.00
Temperature - Day is 80 to 85 basking and a 80 to 70 gradient going down. And i am using small probe like thermometer basking temp should be 80 to 81 and ambient should be around 73 or 72
Humidity - Day 50 to 40%, Night 70 to 90%. During day i mist in am before or right after lights go on and then not again till 7pm or so, for night i have a ReptiFogger going for about 5 hours 1 to 6am. Little circle hydrometer from PetSmart good
Plants - Yes, and i have bird fern in bottom of cage for moisture during night and golden hypothos for hiding and some climbing. Both plants are still very small due to time of year i tried to purchase. Also have some fake plants lining about the fern to collect alot of moisture from the fogger
Placement - It is in my room and in a corner next to my gaming desk. It is across the room from a window (10 ft tops) and there is a fan tht i will have going most of night as well as during day with the window open for fresh air for both of us and yes im mostly in my room for school/gaming and dont really leave much. And the cage is starting about hip level (its perfectly even with my desk) and the top of the cage is near the top of my head while standing so about 6 feet in air

Current Problem - The first day i had him he was puffing up with his mouth slightly open and leaning up and it occasionally made like a click, not very loud but if you stood in front of cage and it was quite you would slightly hear it. He also hasnt eaten but his cage was very very small at petsmart (lush but very small) and now he is in a cage like 5x or more his original cage so i figured it is stress related need some pics but be ready to make some changes and spend some money.
1603122000050.png

Last edited:
Additional feedback
Supplements - ReptiCalcium without D3 and ReptiCalcium with D3 and the sample size Zoo Med Retivite. No D3 everyday, D3 once as month and vitamins once every two weeks. Have not given him d3 or vitamins since i was gunna wait till my 2 weeks of owning him to start my own reliable schedule.

The sample size reptivite.. Is that in a baggy? If it is then it is the with D3 version if it is in a container then you want to look and see if it says with D3 or without D3.

IF you have the reptivite with D3 version you will use this 2 times a month say the 1st and the 15th and you will not use the repticalcium with d3. Then all other feedings you use the repticalcium without D3. Feeders should be lightly dusted not powdered donuts.

If you have the reptivite without D3 version you will us this 2 times a month and then use the reptical with D3 two times a month. These two get rotated week to week at one feeding only. Then all other feedings you use the repticalcium without D3. Feeders should be lightly dusted not powdered donuts.

my feedback is in red.

Handling - have only touched him with a warm q-tip to wipe stuck poops/pee off his butt or tail if it sticks.l wouldn't do that that's probably stressful for him and its not necessary.
Feeding - He is getting 5 crickets and 2 meal worms for the first 9 hours he is up last few are saved for digestion (dusted in calcium no d3). Crickets are fed carrots, sweet potatoes, carrots and lettuce. I also have homemade feeder cup i magnet so side of cage about half way up cage.soon he will start eating lots more in a few days so you want to be feeding him as much as he will eat so. then juvenile soasically 15 or so small feeders daily when he is a baby. then when he hits about 5 months feed about 12 feeders but a little bit bigger daily. Then ween him down very slowly to getting fed 7 or 8 feeders daily also a little bigger every other day when he is 7 months then by 8 or 9 months feed him 5 feeders slightly bigger every other day. you need to get off mealworms and switch to things like BSFL or small supers.I will have gut load picture below.
Supplements - ReptiCalcium without D3 and ReptiCalcium with D3 and the sample size Zoo Med Retivite. No D3 everyday, D3 once as month and vitamins once every two weeks. Have not given him d3 or vitamins since i was gunna wait till my 2 weeks of owning him to start my own reliable schedule. good
Watering - I use spray bottle 2 times a day, and fogger overnight as well as little dripper going most of day while im home for him to drink. Ive been misting for 2 mins or so 2 times a day. Yes from the dripper usually in the morning/afternoon.Good but for your sake you could get a monsoon solo for about $60.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - All mesh and 16x16x30 ReptiBreeze eventually you need to get him a 2x2x4 or bigger.
Lighting - I have ReptiSun T8 5.0 UVB Tube at 15watts as well as a 60 watt blue heat lamp from ReptiSun. Schedule is 8am to 8pm you need to switch to an Arcadia t5 6% or a reptisun t5 HO 5.00
Temperature - Day is 80 to 85 basking and a 80 to 70 gradient going down. And i am using small probe like thermometer basking temp should be 80 to 81 and ambient should be around 73 or 72
Humidity - Day 50 to 40%, Night 70 to 90%. During day i mist in am before or right after lights go on and then not again till 7pm or so, for night i have a ReptiFogger going for about 5 hours 1 to 6am. Little circle hydrometer from PetSmart good

Current Problem - The first day i had him he was puffing up with his mouth slightly open and leaning up and it occasionally made like a click, not very loud but if you stood in front of cage and it was quite you would slightly hear it. He also hasnt eaten but his cage was very very small at petsmart (lush but very small) and now he is in a cage like 5x or more his original cage so i figured it is stress related need some pics but be ready to make some changes and spend some money.View attachment 280386
ill have pics up of his enclosure in a few hours. he wouldnt leave the side of the cage still and when i woke up he was in the same spot when i got back from and still no damn crickets missing. ik we have vet in three days but im getting a litte worried. And yep we are good on supliments then thanks you for clarifying that

ill have pics up of his enclosure in a few hours. he wouldnt leave the side of the cage still and when i woke up he was in the same spot when i got back from and still no damn crickets missing. ik we have vet in three days but im getting a litte worried. And yep we are good on supliments then thanks you for clarifying that
Images will help. The placement of the feeder run is important when they are young. THey spend a lot of time near their basking area. Having it within that area helps them until they learn that is where the food is. Also having it no farther then a few inches away from a branch is helpful. This way they can easily get to it. When they are young their tongues are shorter so their reach is not very far. Loading the run with feeders when it is in proper placement helps them see consistent movement as well.

Images will help. The placement of the feeder run is important when they are young. THey spend a lot of time near their basking area. Having it within that area helps them until they learn that is where the food is. Also having it no farther then a few inches away from a branch is helpful. This way they can easily get to it. When they are young their tongues are shorter so their reach is not very far. Loading the run with feeders when it is in proper placement helps them see consistent movement as well.
okay, pics will be up soon

debating to go back and get another pothos and put it in the middle with the bamboo piece i got for the support like on the other pothos in the back right

So your going to want to have that feeder cup in the back to where he can get on a branch and shoot down into it. Put like 20 feeders in it so they are consistently moving. Baby is going to be freaked out until he adjusts and until you stop making changes.
If you can find an umbrella plant that is more mature it would really fill out the enclosure much more and provide the safety the baby needs. Baby is small so you need 1/4 inch or smaller feeders for it.
This may help you if you want to build a better feeder run https://dragonstrand.com/constructing-a-chameleon-feeder-run/

This is about keeping babies in adult sized cages https://dragonstrand.com/baby-chameleons-in-adult-size-chameleon-cages/

So your going to want to have that feeder cup in the back to where he can get on a branch and shoot down into it. Put like 20 feeders in it so they are consistently moving. Baby is going to be freaked out until he adjusts and until you stop making changes.
If you can find an umbrella plant that is more mature it would really fill out the enclosure much more and provide the safety the baby needs. Baby is small so you need 1/4 inch or smaller feeders for it.
This may help you if you want to build a better feeder run https://dragonstrand.com/constructing-a-chameleon-feeder-run/

This is about keeping babies in adult sized cages https://dragonstrand.com/baby-chameleons-in-adult-size-chameleon-cages/
so after i dust the crickets i can put them back in the little enclosure i have for them? and i found what i thought was a dwarf umbrella but i was VERY spectical cuz i had to use an app to try and identify the plat cuz home depot labeled it as 'tropical plant' and nothing more

so after i dust the crickets i can put them back in the little enclosure i have for them? and i found what i thought was a dwarf umbrella but i was VERY spectical cuz i had to use an app to try and identify the plat cuz home depot labeled it as 'tropical plant' and nothing more
You should dust them and then feed them. how big are they?

You should dust them and then feed them. how big are they?
they are a small size from petsmart but i leave the oddly big ones out and if i put 20 in and he continures to not eat them do i just throw them out after being dusted or is it okay to put the left over crickets in with my undusted crickets

Back
Top Bottom