New Cham not eating and making slight pop or click noise while breathing occasionally

Leave him for now. try not to have too much going on in that room. And you have lights on for 12 hours then all lights off for 12 hours as well correct?
my sister is not living at home right now so her room is completely empy and no one goes in it. My room currently has me and my gf talking and moving and such. i didnt know small things like that could stress them out so young and especially with not many places to hide. I think i should move it just for tht reason
And yes his lights are off at 8 sharp cuz i have timer for them. but last night i was setting up until about 10 and had my room light on but no uvb or heat and i covered his cage with microfiber to hide from light.
Also i will be having my computer on well after 8, will these lights bother him

okay so the little guy found the leaves and and has been keeping his eyes open and seems content in the fake leaves zip tied to the screen , he tucked himself away fast

nvm he climbed right bac to top of screen

my sister is not living at home right now so her room is completely empy and no one goes in it. My room currently has me and my gf talking and moving and such. i didnt know small things like that could stress them out so young and especially with not many places to hide. I think i should move it just for tht reason
And yes his lights are off at 8 sharp cuz i have timer for them. but last night i was setting up until about 10 and had my room light on but no uvb or heat and i covered his cage with microfiber to hide from light.
Also i will be having my computer on well after 8, will these lights bother him
Any over head light will effect them. I use a black out curtain around mine and only use lamps rather then overhead lighting. You want to watch him though. At this age they can decline rapidly and he is quite young.

okay so the little guy found the leaves and and has been keeping his eyes open and seems content in the fake leaves zip tied to the screen , he tucked himself away fast
We want to see eyes open during the day. THis is very important. When they start closing their eyes this is a stress response but it is also a sign of shutdown when they are not healthy.

so i think im gunna move the cage if it can be stress related cuz there is just alot goin on in my room and i think he is petrified to explore cuz of this. I also have a chinchilla in the room but it is on he floor in a cage completely out of view of my cham

so i think im gunna move the cage if it can be stress related cuz there is just alot goin on in my room and i think he is petrified to explore cuz of this. I also have a chinchilla in the room but it is on he floor in a cage completely out of view of my cham
Make sure he is away from the chinchilla and its dust. I think this may be better for him. Make sure the door to the room is left open so that there is air circulation since you have the other little fluffer in there.

Okay so great god damn news! i just moved him into my sisters empty room got everything for him set up again in under 20 mins to keep stress to minimun. But i left the room after i got my temps all good and little man is exploring his little heart out and i watched him drink as well. His eyes are open and he has been constantly moving!
i think it was just to much with 2 people in the room and me being nocturnal basically tht was just to much for the little man. Once he grows a little i might try and bring him back but for right now i think he is 1000x happier in there by himself.
Im still planning on going to lowes but do you think i should add the new plant today or just wait for him to unstress and then go back in after a few days

Okay so great god damn news! i just moved him into my sisters empty room got everything for him set up again in under 20 mins to keep stress to minimun. But i left the room after i got my temps all good and little man is exploring his little heart out and i watched him drink as well. His eyes are open and he has been constantly moving!
LOL welcome to the world of being a chameleon parent. Where sometimes it is just damn hard and confusing lol. I think this is wonderful. When they are so very small like that they have not had the social influence of humans really. So they get very scared and fearful.

So what you can do starting next week after he has had time to adjust to the cage is start sitting in the room and reading a book or something so he sees you there. Really keep an eye on his eating this week. THis is very important.
Let us know if you have other questions that come up.

Okay Thank you guys again! And yes they are definitely not like any other pet! But real quick so you recommend waiting for the addition of another plant or just get it over with today? And if he doesnt start eating out of cup should i try free range now tht the base of the cage is on a flat surface now and that he seems to be moving

Okay Thank you guys again! And yes they are definitely not like any other pet! But real quick so you recommend waiting for the addition of another plant or just get it over with today? And if he doesnt start eating out of cup should i try free range now tht the base of the cage is on a flat surface now and that he seems to be moving
Get the changes over with... Did you see that link to the how to make your own feeder run? Try that out. I would not personally free feed. Crickets can and will bite baby at night while he sleeps.

yes and started working on it but i was wondering if it would work with a smaller bottle tho and a different household material for them to climb. Im currently using a larger smart water bottle but im stumped with what they could climb up that i have in my house

Back
Top Bottom