New Cham not eating and making slight pop or click noise while breathing occasionally

If you break down and decide to buy one I love this one in the large size https://tkchameleons.com/

This was my 3 month old at the time using it.

Attachments

• 9-15-20.jpg
    9-15-20.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 71
okay so i just went a checked on him and he seems to be just laying on a branch and eyes are closed.. Nose is not in air so i think worries of RI are diminished but he just seems groggy and still no interest in his crickets

okay so i just went a checked on him and he seems to be just laying on a branch and eyes are closed.. Nose is not in air so i think worries of RI are diminished but he just seems groggy and still no interest in his crickets
Ok but is he on the branch below the UVB? Did you follow the distance guidelines that Bill has on the chameleon academy?

Lets see where he is at tomorrow. He will be in a totally dark room tonight which should help. If he is closing his eyes because he was not sleeping due to the tv and lights in the room then he may be shutting his eyes because he is worn out.

Lets see where he is at tomorrow. He will be in a totally dark room tonight which should help. If he is closing his eyes because he was not sleeping due to the tv and lights in the room then he may be shutting his eyes because he is worn out.
Okay well ill be in touch tomorow around 2 to check in. But yes I've followed everything to a tee or as close as I could get it with the small resources I have.
Also kinda odd but would Lincoln logs work well for horizontal branches?

Okay well ill be in touch tomorow around 2 to check in. But yes I've followed everything to a tee or as close as I could get it with the small resources I have.
Also kinda odd but would Lincoln logs work well for horizontal branches?
Yeah I would not use those lol. Moisture does some funky stuff and those are normally stained.

So of course i go back to the lowes i went to yesterday and they had a medium sized gold pothos for my center peice, until i can get a ficus after winter hopfully. But will this work? Its big enough i can put a brick or somethiing only a few inches high and it will for sure cover up all those open vines i have in the center and be maybe 5 to 6 inches or so from top of cage

So of course i go back to the lowes i went to yesterday and they had a medium sized gold pothos for my center peice, until i can get a ficus after winter hopfully. But will this work? Its big enough i can put a brick or somethiing only a few inches high and it will for sure cover up all those open vines i have in the center and be maybe 5 to 6 inches or so from top of cage
I mean, In my opinion that should work quite well. ?

So i went into his own little room to check on humidity level before i went to sleep and little man was in the same spot but i saw him looking almost straight up in his sleep open mouth breathing it looked like? Im not to sure but the care sheet says let fogger run all night from 2am till 6am but im afraid to let it run tht long even tho i have it on a timer from those times since i seen him do this.

This was the 3rd time since about 11pm i checked on his temps and such and he seemed fine. But this time seemed total opposite

So i went into his own little room to check on humidity level before i went to sleep and little man was in the same spot but i saw him looking almost straight up in his sleep open mouth breathing it looked like? Im not to sure but the care sheet says let fogger run all night from 2am till 6am but im afraid to let it run tht long even tho i have it on a timer from those times since i seen him do this.

This was the 3rd time since about 11pm i checked on his temps and such and he seemed fine. But this time seemed total opposite
Did he have his nose pointed upwards

Sorry I’ve been camping so I just caught up. I recommend getting bill strands dragon ledges they are amazing. Once you get those add some horizontal branches. I am kind of concerned about him closing eyes though. How far is your uvb branch from the light.

So fogging will not hurt if your temps in the room are cool. But it is hard getting descriptions without images... How is the baby this morning? Did you get the extra plant put in?
yep i got the extra plant in but i need a brick or something to give it tht extra few inches of height but its big enough to give alotta privacy but i will be going to home depot today for a brick or 2. But today he is sitting at the his basking branch and hasnt moved really and his eyes are still closed when i check on him... Ill provide pics after i finish making this food

yep i got the extra plant in but i need a brick or something to give it tht extra few inches of height but its big enough to give alotta privacy but i will be going to home depot today for a brick or 2. But today he is sitting at the his basking branch and hasnt moved really and his eyes are still closed when i check on him... Ill provide pics after i finish making this food
Please post pics of the entire enclosure for me as well.

Back
Top Bottom