New Cham not eating and making slight pop or click noise while breathing occasionally

its poop tht got stuck, you told me not to take it off cuz the first day i used a warm qtip and you said it would stress him out. But okay tht sounds good, its wierd cuz hid color is usually pretty green but he just looks super weak

its poop tht got stuck, you told me not to take it off cuz the first day i used a warm qtip and you said it would stress him out. But okay tht sounds good, its wierd cuz hid color is usually pretty green but he just looks super weak
i jsut wish my little man was feeling better

So here is the deal...IMO If it is not an RI he has a better chance with you then going back to the store. If it is an RI he will get worse and continue to gape until he no longer is able to breathe. But you said he is not gaping today.

Now looking at his picture. Eyes look great. I am not seeing dehydration. So continue with the fogging at night. This way we know he is getting that. If his eyes were sunken in and he was consistently gaping then I would say take him back. But right now we do not know if by chance the lack of UVB and the stress of everything is causing the shut down or if it is illness.

I don’t know if it’s uvb or RI it’s hard to tell because he kind of shows signs for both. The fecal getting stuck on him is weird but it should come off. He doesn’t look great but we’ll see what the vet says. Don’t change anything with the enclosure yet. He is stressed but I don’t really know why your care seems fine not great but okay so he should be fine. Keep a very close eye on him.

Last edited:
hello, sorry for later start today but updates are he did okay last night i stayed in room with lights off like 10 mins every hour or so and he didnt gape. But today again he is just sitting and not moving or eating... He moved to sleep but he hasnt moved at all since the morning

Last edited:
I don’t know if it’s uvb or RI it’s hard to tell because he kind of shows signs for both. The fecal getting stuck on him is weird but it should come off. He doesn’t look great but we’ll see what the vet says. Don’t change anything with the enclosure yet. He is stressed but I don’t really know why your care seems fine not great but okay so he should be fine. Keep a very close eye on him.
anything you recommend to make it great? Ive been following everything to a tee since joining the forum and idk whats up with him. Has his own room all to himself about 8 feet in the air, so no stress or loud noises and no lights all night. Mans temps and humidity are are spot on sine the room is to himself no other heat is really being generated expect for a fan by window as well as blinds up during day to give him more light. He has the correct cage setup with 2 different basking spots, Tons of places to hide in real foliage now, mans got a fogger at night and a mister as well as dripper and my spray bottle if needed. He has got Dubia roaches (got them yesterday and forgot to mention tht, thankfully petsmart sells them in DE) and all the crickets he could ask for, and my dusting with calcium and vitamins are good and food in is cage by 9am everyday then i go back to bed (8am to 8pm schedule) And the UVB doesnt seem to do any extra benefits for him, eyes are still closed during day all the time now and he will only open them when i put food in or when i get close to cage to check humidity because it is on the back of his cage covered by some of the pothos leaves.

I think little man is just sick and after talking with parents if he does need medicine tht has to be paid for out of pocket idk if we can afford that right now like ive said previously. So i dont wanna take him to be told he is sick then tell the vet i cant aford the medicine

he must have been sick when you got him from PetSmart because your care is good and not making it worse. if you need money really desperately then you could start a "go fund me'' its a website that lets people donate money to you if you tell them why. my friend got hit by a car and needed some money for hospital bills for you its for chameleon hospital bills.

i would like to do tht but idk if he has the time to wait for tht since this is the 4th day with no food in his little body... Im really stumped on what to do..

Is he drinking? Pooping? (I don't want to read through 8+ pages to find the answers.)

How have you been giving him water? What is the temperature in the cage where he sits? What lights do you have on the cage?

tried this and little man is petrified of my opening cage. Like i said thts the only time he seems to open his eyes so when he sees me reaching in there he just tries to make a getaway up the side of the cage

Is he drinking? Pooping? (I don't want to read through 8+ pages to find the answers.)

How have you been giving him water? What is the temperature in the cage where he sits? What lights do you have on the cage?
yes everything is good, temps, humidity etc. He has a fogger at night so drinking during day is rare but i leave dripper going every other hour for 30 to 45 mins. ReptiSun 5.0 18watt 18 in(non HO) and 60 watt basking lamp from Repti as well

we have been helping her and all stuff is good me Beman and pacal and pip are all puzzled on why he is messed up we have ideas but not 100% about anything.

Are you letting insects free in the cage? What size are the insects?
samll crickets and dubia roaches and no he has cup magneted to side of enclosure and has 2 or 3 different angles to access and all are close. Sometimes there a beefy crickets in the small batches from petsmart but i dont put those in

If you can get him to drink
...while he's drinking... slip an insect between teeth.
i rarely see him go for drinks from the dripper cuz i moved cage out of room and he has fogger on all night from 2 till 6:30. Everything i have is on timers as well to develop good schedule. I still check in evry hour or so but i dont wanna sit in there and stress him more

Back
Top Bottom