New Cham not eating and making slight pop or click noise while breathing occasionally

It's not force feeding him unless you are holding him and making him eat.

I'd he's pooping then he has to be eating.

He has pooped maybe 2 times in the 4 days ive had him now. Its not often and there is very little when he does.
But damn he is so little im really nervous to be to rough...

I wouldn't force him to take water if he's drinking from a dripper and his urates are pretty white.

Force feeding food should only be done as a last resort IMHO too.
He was under no UVB for the first three days. I just found out yesterday it was a T8 5.0 so I had him drop the fixture back on top of the cage to get the right levels for baby to get to. Do you think he should toss in some crickets for baby to hunt? Maybe he just is not responding to the feeder cup?

there is almost no white poo at all pretty much but he still hasnt gotten any better with they eyes opening, if anyhting it seems to have gotten worse because before he would hear me enter room and open them up. Now they are closed until i open cage

there is almost no white poo at all pretty much but he still hasnt gotten any better with they eyes opening, if anyhting it seems to have gotten worse because before he would hear me enter room and open them up. Now they are closed until i open cage
Might be time to take him back to the store and hope they take him to a vet. He is shutting down. :(

He was under no UVB for the first three days. I just found out yesterday it was a T8 5.0 so I had him drop the fixture back on top of the cage to get the right levels for baby to get to. Do you think he should toss in some crickets for baby to hunt? Maybe he just is not responding to the feeder cup?
Do you read minds? I was just going to say to let some insects go free in the cage!

@Beman said "Might be time to take him back to the store and hope they take him to a vet. He is shutting down. :( " I'm thinking the same thing.

Put some fresh veggies or greens in the cage for the crickets/insects to eat too.
they are gutloaded from me with organic sweet potatoes, baby spinach, baby carrots and all in one gutload from Petsmart just for water source. They seem to leave the all on one gut load alone but the veggies and such are gone everyday

The thing is babies are hard. I hate that they sell them so young. Yours looks very young. Without everything being set up just right for them they can have issues. But then you also do not know what they were exposed to prior either. And you being brand new and having this tiny baby that is struggling is different then having the hands on experience to know what to do in the same situation.

Honestly eyes closing non stop and being non responsive the baby is shutting down. They decline further and fast until they die. IMO I would return him since he is just getting worse at this point. I know it is sad but the outcome as I see it is not a good one.

Back
Top Bottom