New Cham not eating and making slight pop or click noise while breathing occasionally

i just opened up his cage and got his humidity from 60 to 70 but it seems to be stuck at 70%. Would warm/cold water make a difference for humidity?

So he needs 12 hours on 12 hours off of lights. The ideal humidity is 30 to 50 max. To lower humidity doing less misting will lower it about 10 to 20 percent. This is bemans enclosure it is what they should look like. The water temp will not effect humidity if it does it will be by one percent.?
748DDAE9-F477-42C0-8184-37C46845FB11.jpeg

Last edited:
8 pm to 8 am?
no lights on at 8am and off at 8pm and also have them on a timer in case im not home to do it. But i usually am up all night and having this guy has put a challenge on my sleep schedule as i keep waking every hour or so to mist his cage down until im ready to fully get up around 11am which is when he is normally fed. I know this is kinda late for a first feeding but my sleep schedule isnt very structured and its something i know i will need to fix for the little guys sake.

So he needs 12 hours on 12 hours off of lights. The ideal humidity is 30 to 50 max. To lower humidity doing less misting will lower it about 10 to 20 percent. This is bemans enclosure it is what they should look like. The water temp will not effect humidity if it does it will be by one percent.?View attachment 280327
do you have any draining problems with excess water going onto the floor? And 30 to 50 for day? ive been seeing many threads say to go higher then that especially for a baby or juvenile. Thts why i have been keeping it so moist in there at all times pretty much. He is a veiled if i haven't said that.

so in sum
get a real plant or 2 to help preserve humidity.
keep humidity from 30 to 50 during day and as high as i can at night.
and keep checking for progression of popping noise for the vet on thursday? (obviously if things worsen i will try to take a trip to the er but like i said tht price just might not be dueable for me rn)
also when should i use my little dripper since tht is his way of getting water, ive watched him 2 times but his mouth right under the drops before they even touch the imitation leaves i have. Would this be suitable right after he eats so he can drink if needed or do i wait till the times where i would spray the cage (morning and before lights out)

To be perfectly honest with you, in my opinion, If having him is that problematic with your sleep schedule.... I’d Consider rehoming him. Because you can’t be healthy if your waking up every couple hours, and also.... if you’re asleep during the day normally.... what is even the point? Like chameleons are good for pretty much just observing. And they are diurnal. Sooooo if you don’t get to see him a whole lot AND it’s hard on your schedule (and if you don’t have the money to make all the corrections needed) then it just doesn’t make sense to me? I do not mean to sound rude I am just concerned for the sake of the chameleon, and for you...

so in sum
get a real plant or 2 to help preserve humidity.
keep humidity from 30 to 50 during day and as high as i can at night.
and keep checking for progression of popping noise for the vet on thursday? (obviously if things worsen i will try to take a trip to the er but like i said tht price just might not be dueable for me rn)
also when should i use my little dripper since tht is his way of getting water, ive watched him 2 times but his mouth right under the drops before they even touch the imitation leaves i have. Would this be suitable right after he eats so he can drink if needed or do i wait till the times where i would spray the cage (morning and before lights out)
But yes. You actually should switch to ALL live plants. Yup you got humidity right; 30-50 in the day is ideal. High as you can get it at night. Yeah, just keep a close eye on him. And you can keep the dripper going at all times. That’s a great way to give him the opportunity to drink. Also, have you filled this out?? I may have missed it, but If you haven’t, definitely do. You can get detailed feedback on what you need, if you haven’t already.

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
Photos can be very helpful.

Just copy and paste, then fill out with as much detail as you can!

To be perfectly honest with you, in my opinion, If having him is that problematic with your sleep schedule.... I’d Consider rehoming him. Because you can’t be healthy if your waking up every couple hours, and also.... if you’re asleep during the day normally.... what is even the point? Like chameleons are good for pretty much just observing. And they are diurnal. Sooooo if you don’t get to see him a whole lot AND it’s hard on your schedule (and if you don’t have the money to make all the corrections needed) then it just doesn’t make sense to me? I do not mean to sound rude I am just concerned for the sake of the chameleon, and for you...
i struggle with heavy anxiety problems and i got him as a birthday gift from my gf to help calm me down and stuff so sleeping for me is a luxury and not really a need, i can function happy and all day of 4 hours. and like i said i dont mind i slight change cuz he has helped me tremendously with my anxiety. Ive been paying more attention to him then i do myself most times. I feel a pet like this will brighten my mood and give me something to take my mind off my own thoughts when times get tough

i struggle with heavy anxiety problems and i got him as a birthday gift from my gf to help calm me down and stuff so sleeping for me is a luxury and not really a need, i can function happy and all day of 4 hours. and like i said i dont mind i slight change cuz he has helped me tremendously with my anxiety. Ive been paying more attention to him then i do myself most times. I feel a pet like this will brighten my mood and give me something to take my mind off my own thoughts when times get tough
Ok, that’s great then!! Glad he’s helping you! So long as you can get him some different stuff he’ll be all good!!

Ok, that’s great then!! Glad he’s helping you! So long as you can get him some different stuff he’ll be all good!!
ill take the time to fill the survey tomorrow when i can get some fresh plants for him but THANK YOU SO MUCH. This website is full of useful info but for a newbie like me its hard to filter out the bs and the facts. As obviously i took some bad info in and possibly made my guy a little sick in the process

ill take the time to fill the survey tomorrow when i can get some fresh plants for him but THANK YOU SO MUCH. This website is full of useful info but for a newbie like me its hard to filter out the bs and the facts. As obviously i took some bad info in and possibly made my guy a little sick in the process
Of course!!!! So glad I could help!! He will be fine in the end, as long as the changes are made soon, so don’t worry about that. I’m so happy he makes you happy as well!!!!

Of course!!!! So glad I could help!! He will be fine in the end, as long as the changes are made soon, so don’t worry about that. I’m so happy he makes you happy as well!!!!
thank you again, ill definitely add some photos tomorrow with the plants in there to see if its satisfactory for him and will 1000% be updating after our vet visit.
But yes he definitely makes me happy and gave me a hobby to get into as now, im spending all my free time trying to absorb as much info as i possibly can to make this little guy happy. Since i have no reptile experience the light fixtures and all this is alot to get right so im glad i could have someone assist me in the beginning of our journey

do you have any draining problems with excess water going onto the floor? And 30 to 50 for day? ive been seeing many threads say to go higher then that especially for a baby or juvenile. Thts why i have been keeping it so moist in there at all times pretty much. He is a veiled if i haven't said that.
Oh and I didn’t see this. Feel like I should answer it now lol, so.... Yeah for a veiled chameleon, the ideal humidity is quite low. The sources that say they need high humidity especially when they are little are not accurate. This, and little airflow, I believe =RI. So you want the chameleons enclosure to dry out in the day, and it can be moist at night.

okay so i only have enough for either a fogger or fresh plants this paycheck. what would you recommend i got with first looking at my cage and his requirnments

IMO go for live plants if you have a dripper going all day he can drink from And he will use it then get live plants first. Pothos is a good one very easy and has vines they can climb especially at a young age because they’re so small. Live plants will also hold humidity better.

Firstly are you sure that it is a he? I can’t see the back feet very well from the photos.
It probably will take him a few days to settle in but from the photos of the enclosure you really need more foliage and branches for him to feel safer and be able to hide.
Fill out the husbandry form that has been posted for you and more people will be able to help get everything spot on for the little one.
A vet visit wouldn’t hurt just to get them checked especially if you are concerned, also make sure to get a faecal test done if you can.

Sorry i live in Florida so i was asleep,you need to get the plants rather than the fogger. But so that you don’t need to wake up you could get an automatic misting system for about $60. Fill out the form and we can help you with other things that are possibly wrong.

Back
Top Bottom