New boy from Komeleons :)

Psychobunny

Avid Member
Just got a new male panther, Slinky, from my friends at Komeleons a few
hours ago.
He is sired by Acie, and born November, so he is just the size of a peanut :D

Here is a pic of his new home (I will never find him in here!!)

And a pic of him hanging from the ceiling, at an odd angle.

Attachments

• slinkshome17jan14.jpg
    slinkshome17jan14.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 293
  • slink1stday17jan14.jpg
    slink1stday17jan14.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 263
Thanks everyone :)

He already has some specs of emerald green.

Cant wait to see how he turns out.

He's having quite a time exploring his new home, inspecting everything, he
seemed very surprised when the Mistking went off! LOL he just stared at it :p

At least he didn't run and hide :eek:

awesome new little guy and the setup looks great! Just wondering about the heat lamp, only because I've been having to experiment a bit with my own. What kind bulb are you using that you can leave the lamp right on top of the screen like that? Getting the basking spot to the proper temp without getting the screen so hot where if he climbs up there he'll get burned has been my battle.

awesome new little guy and the setup looks great! Just wondering about the heat lamp, only because I've been having to experiment a bit with my own. What kind bulb are you using that you can leave the lamp right on top of the screen like that? Getting the basking spot to the proper temp without getting the screen so hot where if he climbs up there he'll get burned has been my battle.

It's a regular 60W incan with a Exoterra reflector fixture.
You are right, these little guys love to climb the ceiling, so I lift the dome
up with large paper clamps to keep it away from the screen:

Attachments

• clips.jpg
    clips.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 168

My mind has been blown- Best. Idea. Ever. I have been precariously balancing mine on Jenga blocks to avoid holes in the ceiling. :D

lol wow. Thats way easier than what I went through. I have a wooden enclosure and built what looks like an upside down "L" so I can hang the lamp off of it and keep it suspended off top of cage. Wish I would have thought of this lol. Innovative.

Slinky, love the name, is adorable! I can't wait to see how he grows and changes. :) Congratulations on the new addition.

Well, his first night went well, but he seems a bit overwhelmed by the size
of his cage and hasn't quite gotten the hang of the basking spot yet.
So I need to keep the room warm until he starts feeling more comfortable
to go to the basking lamp.

He did eat a lot of cricks yesterday, on his first day here.

I just let them loose in the cage and he managed to track down every one of them :eek:

THAT is a bonafide Life Hack. Tiny lil guy; can't wait to see him grow! Brb going to Office Depot. Thanks for the tip!

A slight bump to this since I just purchased a male panther from Komeleons, Sire by Ollie. I should be getting him next week due to the weather in NY being unbearable for shipping this week. Can't wait. He was also hatched in November.

What a stud you have, hopefully I get similar :)

A slight bump to this since I just purchased a male panther from Komeleons, Sire by Ollie. I should be getting him next week due to the weather in NY being unbearable for shipping this week. Can't wait. He was also hatched in November.

What a stud you have, hopefully I get similar :)

I waited for a break in the weather, and Komeleons is not too far from
where I live.
I'm sure you will love your new baby:)

So cute! & I love all the branches you put in there. Are they from your backyard ?

& how well does that tray under the cage work? Do you have to lift up the cage constantly to dump the water?

& Very smart idea with the clips! I always see my chameleon climbing upside down close to the basking lamp and I get scared that she'll be burnt. I might just put your idea into action at my house :D

Back
Top Bottom