NEW BORNS

CHIMP

Established Member
I am actually a few months away from hatching my first clutch. I am looking for advise on housing so many little ones. I was thinking about a large plastic bin completely open on top, and/or my old (18"x18"x36) cage. I have other smaller options as well. I have another mist system (just a cheap one) (I can also add them to the Mistking set up I have now for multiple cages) and lighting fixtures (t5) I can give them from my old set ups that I have replaced. This will be my first time dealing with new born babies. I do not want to drown them or something stupider. I will take any and all advise. Keep in mind I am prepping for future. The babies have not hatched yet! I also realize they grow quick and this Is only temporary. I am currently constructing more set ups for future as well.
Questions I need answered----
How long can I house them together?
How many can I house together? I am expecting 48 out of the first clutch
How big of an enclosure do I need first born vs juvenile? This does not includes sub-adult or adult. Basically up to first 3-6 months at most before getting transferred.
Should I go smaller for more privacy or larger for more space?
Misting frequencies babies vs adults or is it the same? If its the same I can put them all on the same system. I am concerned this could vary.
I am assuming the T5 24" should be fine?

If anyone can help that would be great. Any words of caution, Or anything I may not have though of please feel free to leave advise. I thank you in advance for any and all help!

I am actually a few months away from hatching my first clutch. I am looking for advise on housing so many little ones. I was thinking about a large plastic bin completely open on top, and/or my old (18"x18"x36) cage. I have other smaller options as well. I have another mist system (just a cheap one) (I can also add them to the Mistking set up I have now for multiple cages) and lighting fixtures (t5) I can give them from my old set ups that I have replaced. This will be my first time dealing with new born babies. I do not want to drown them or something stupider. I will take any and all advise. Keep in mind I am prepping for future. The babies have not hatched yet! I also realize they grow quick and this Is only temporary. I am currently constructing more set ups for future as well.
Questions I need answered----
How long can I house them together?
How many can I house together? I am expecting 48 out of the first clutch
How big of an enclosure do I need first born vs juvenile? This does not includes sub-adult or adult. Basically up to first 3-6 months at most before getting transferred.
Should I go smaller for more privacy or larger for more space?
Misting frequencies babies vs adults or is it the same? If its the same I can put them all on the same system. I am concerned this could vary.
I am assuming the T5 24" should be fine?

If anyone can help that would be great. Any words of caution, Or anything I may not have though of please feel free to leave advise. I thank you in advance for any and all help!
Following. These are all of the same questions I'm looking for answers to before I even get my male and female anywhere near eachother.

Following. These are all of the same questions I'm looking for answers to before I even get my male and female anywhere near eachother.
Learning what I have learned I would agree. However, As long as I have them well set up before they hatch, as well as for the future then I do not see a problem with that. I have done in advance a lot of research and decided to ask the forum what there thoughts are. I believe I am ready and if I am not then I still have time to fix any mistakes at this point. I am not going into this blindly and still have time to prepare. I Asked those questions in case someone has additional information. Which has been very helpful. I am not sure if your comment was a call for help, or are you trying to insult me. Being your a more established member I feel that was very condescending, And I would like to keep the comments constructive. If I am reading this wrong then my apologies.

I feed babies fruit flies and pinhead crickets. I mist them two to three times a day. This is how I house my babies.

205655A8-4663-418E-BB24-1455EE764FF7.jpeg
5AB5D33C-718C-4EA7-977E-2A429A16937C.jpeg

Learning what I have learned I would agree. However, As long as I have them well set up before they hatch, as well as for the future then I do not see a problem with that. I have done in advance a lot of research and decided to ask the forum what there thoughts are. I believe I am ready and if I am not then I still have time to fix any mistakes at this point. I am not going into this blindly and still have time to prepare. I Asked those questions in case someone has additional information. Which has been very helpful. I am not sure if your comment was a call for help, or are you trying to insult me. Being your a more established member I feel that was very condescending, And I would like to keep the comments constructive. If I am reading this wrong then my apologies.
It was not meant to be condescending in ANY way! I meant it just how it reads. I have a lot of research and learning to do before I get my chams together. My post was 100% about me. Not you. I'm sorry you took it that way, because there was no intention of offending anyone. I just want to follow the thread for my own learning.

It was not meant to be condescending in ANY way! I meant it just how it reads. I have a lot of research and learning to do before I get my chams together. My post was 100% about me. Not you. I'm sorry you took it that way, because there was no intention of offending anyone. I just want to follow the thread for my own learning.
No problem! I felt it was and was clearly wrong, for that I apologize. Feel free to continue along. I would love to share the experiences.

Back
Top Bottom