NEW BORNS

New update, So the chameleons are getting bigger and I am burning through the fruit flies. I started staggering feedings between crickets as well to offset and keep my cultures going. I did have to buy two more cultures 32oz since they are going through them now faster than I can produce new cultures. I have now turned those 2 into 4 more cultures for a total of fourteen 32oz fruit fly cultures. Kaisen- I believe that is now = 28 of the size you recommend and yes they are still growing. I think if I was not breeding other things I might have been in trouble. It would have not been enough. I think I am starting to understand the process. however, I seam to be fine with what I have and offsetting with crickets. I do fear they are outgrowing the fruit flies at this point as they are at least double in size. (Does this seam like the right time to pause on fruit flies or what size should I start ending that, or is that just a feed them as long as they will eat them?) The crickets I was feeding them are now outgrowing the chameleons and I lost one because he choked on the cricket :(. (I did try to save him). Anyway, I am awaiting the next cricket hatching so I just need to make it another week-ish solo on the fruit flies before I have the next round of cricket hatchlings. Will be 6 more hatch bins the size of a shoe box each. I think this round should take me another month since they are growing together and if not I have more on the way in two weeks so on and on.

The crickets/worms/roaches are going good. We bought a shed and set it up with a/c and heat (at least they are out of the house lol). I am quickly filling it with insects. Just thought I would share since this all evolved from conversations with you all. I did not do the bean beetles, But I am thinking of adding wax worms, and horn worms to the list. Are there any of these or others anyone may or may not recommend breeding?

Back
Top Bottom