Need grasshoppers

Enjera

Any one know a good website that distributes live grasshoppers for veiled chameleons in the U.S

I hate ALL feeders! Feeding - I use two tall plastic containers with lids. One container has calcium, the other container is empty. I use tongs to place all feeders in calcium container. Place lid on container shake. I then use tongs to place feeders in empty container and close the lid. I then poor all the feeders in my feeder run. When Bolt sees all of the movement, he runs to the feeder run.

For a baby, I feed the feeders 1 at a time. This is time consuming but it helps track the amount of feeders eaten and it controls the feeders ( no escapees). I place 1 feeder on a leaf. Baby consumes feeder. 2nd feeder is placed on leaf so on and so on. Time consuming but I did not have escaped feeders. This takes about 10 - 15 minutes.

The insects aren't very smart. Dubia can't crawl up smooth plastic, crickets do not know how to escape the shooting gallery, grasshoppers love heat(if one escapes-dont worry) it will find the heat lamp. My cricket keeper comes with tubes. I tilt the keeper and shake crickets into the tube. I hold the tube vertical and tap it to keep the crickets at the bottom of the tube. I turn the tube upside down in The calcium container. I then use tongs to move crickets to empty container. I then pour crickets in feeder run. 10 little crickets move alot. Baby sees movement and eats. This takes about 15 minutes. Anything not eaten in 15 minutes is removed with tongs, placed in the empty container. I offer a second feeding late afternoon.

Dean and Khai have different stores, so if you can’t get hoppers from Dean you can contact Khai via FB or the other way around.
Thank you all for the help
I’ve dealt with khai and by far I’m more than appreciated
I ordered some from him again so I’ll be looking forward to receiving them within the next few weeks

I believe he and his partner, Khai, are the only feeder grasshopper breeders/sellers in the USA. If you have other resources, please share.
Yes, but our businesses are completely separate, so to be clear, we aren't partners in any sense other than we still have some shared social media pages that I made a few years ago. Back then, I taught him how to breed grasshoppers and helped him grow his business, because I was too busy with grad school but I still wanted people to be able to get grasshoppers. I would send most of my stock to him in bulk for resale. Fortunately I no longer have homework and internships, so I have time to run my own website. :)

Yes, but our businesses are completely separate, so to be clear, we aren't partners in any sense other than we still have some shared social media pages that I made a few years ago. Back then, I taught him how to breed grasshoppers and helped him grow his business, because I was too busy with grad school but I still wanted people to be able to get grasshoppers. I would send most of my stock to him in bulk for resale. Fortunately I no longer have homework and internships, so I have time to run my own website. :)
I've used both Dean and Khai. I hate crickets- with a passion. The grasshoppers are cleaner, quite, live longer and don't require water. My boys love, love, love grasshoppers. Carmelo - older Veiled- will only eat grasshoppers and hornworms. He once went on a 19 day hunger strike. He still has hunger strikes but he can only refuse a medium/large gray bird hopper for 7 days. He's not a fan of Spotted Birds - maybe it's the harder exoskeleton or color - I don't know. Having access to Gray Birds has been so good for me and Carmelo.

I've used both Dean and Khai. I hate crickets- with a passion. The grasshoppers are cleaner, quite, live longer and don't require water. My boys love, love, love grasshoppers. Carmelo - older Veiled- will only eat grasshoppers and hornworms. He once went on a 19 day hunger strike. He still has hunger strikes but he can only refuse a medium/large gray bird hopper for 7 days. He's not a fan of Spotted Birds - maybe it's the harder exoskeleton or color - I don't know. Having access to Gray Birds has been so good for me and Carmelo.
I'm just getting into grasshoppers..I need to learn about the different types.

I'm just getting into grasshoppers..I need to learn about the different types.
I've been feeding grasshoppers almost a year
@SauceGandhi or Khai are your best resources. Reach out to who ever you purchased from they will answer your questions.

Spotted Bird:
20231217_150847.jpg

Gray Bird:
Screenshot_20231217_155035_Gallery.jpg

Americana:
Screenshot_20231217_154336_Gallery.jpg

This might help with identification.

Back
Top Bottom