Need advice

Yea I wake up early every day to sanitize everything b4 my son wakes and try to find all the rat droppings I can b4 he up.

Our landlord is in debt to the exterminators so no one will help us. They blocked all the entry points so now the rats are stuck in the house witch is why the activity has gotten worse. I don’t dare go into the kitchen after 5 pm unless I want to run out crying

So tips that are cheap for me to get a handle on this till we move would be very much appreciated.
What state do you live in? That sounds like it is becoming a habitability issue.... mostly not worth it if you are going to move or live on CA or NY.

Sorry friend this sucks.

What state do you live in? That sounds like it is becoming a habitability issue.... mostly not worth it if you are going to move or live on CA or NY.

Sorry friend this sucks.
I live in California. The only place my food is safe now is in the fridge. The rats are eating throw plastic to get to food at this point. That’s why I’m worried about the chams 781CEB1C-51B8-4A57-9BD5-C287D6C13BFF.jpeg
Sons toy the toy was hollow so idk why they chewed on it image.jpg

The clear I use in the chameleons cages
image.jpg

In Baltimore rats have tunnel through cement foundations. Im not sure how best to protect chameleons since rats are smart and can climb and swim.... but Id move them temporarily somehwere else . Maybe you can buy one of those shock mats for pets and put it at the base of the table the cages are on?

As a matter of fact Id demand your deposit, dont pay rent and find a new place immediately!
They laughed at me
In Baltimore rats have tunnel through cement foundations. Im not sure how best to protect chameleons since rats are smart and can climb and swim.... but Id move them temporarily somehwere else . Maybe you can buy one of those shock mats for pets and put it at the base of the table the cages are on?
is this what your talking about 046D95F5-9F02-43D7-B924-522ABC943F8E.png

That’s crazy I’m staying away from Baltimore. I already seen one climb the walls I don’t need one coming from the ground

So I’m dealing with a really bad rat problem. The rats are now going after my insect colonies. I’ve found rat pop on top of the lids, should I be scared of the risk of a disease transferring to the bugs that can get the the chams? I’m having a really bad mental break down here, I’m trying my best to keep my human and chameleon wards safe but it’s getting to hard now with the more comfortable the rats get. Rat poop falls from the ceilings on top of the cages all the time. Honestly any advice at this point will help

The disease transfer would be a problem if their feces gets into the bins and bugs are living in/eating it. I had a similar problem and called the exterminators. They use to come back every couple of years. But as long as your cleaning the feces off the bins and they dont get in you should be fine. How you do that is a mystery to me. Good luck.

Lol its usually the worst part of town with abandoned homes... no rats where I am.

If the landlord laughed at you I’d lawyer up real quick... and contact housing authority.

Lol its usually the worst part of town with abandoned homes... no rats where I am.

If the landlord laughed at you I’d lawyer up real quick... and contact housing authority.
Worse it’s a rental company we are dealing with. They are extremely unprofessional, when I first called to complain about these ppl living on our property the told me “owell you already signed the lease” come to find out it’s the owner living in the in law house.

I contacted the city and they thankfully heard the rats running around the attic to the point the city worker screamed because the noise was so loud it scared her.

Worse it’s a rental company we are dealing with. They are extremely unprofessional, when I first called to complain about these ppl living on our property the told me “owell you already signed the lease” come to find out it’s the owner living in the in law house.

I contacted the city and they thankfully heard the rats running around the attic to the point the city worker screamed because the noise was so loud it scared her.

Yes contact city and figure out who the housing authority is to report them. I would definitely file a civil claim for any rent you paid plus damages. Contact the company in writing from this point and document it all. F that and them!

Yes contact city and figure out who the housing authority is to report them. I would definitely file a civil claim for any rent you paid plus damages. Contact the company in writing from this point and document it all. F that and them!
Ok thank you if I have any other questions I’ll pm you. It’s upsetting to think ppl actually take advantage of ppl like this

Ok thank you if I have any other questions I’ll pm you. It’s upsetting to think ppl actually take advantage of ppl like this
Jox I wish I had any advice but to keep trying to find a new place. This is awful. I’m sorry you are going through this.

Not many things worse than an unscrupulous landlord. Scum of the earth. Best luck to you guys as you take back control in this shitshow. I'd post a meme of Terminator, but...it's you, the meme master, afterall ;)

This sounds awful! I feel for ya. I’d worry that the rats would decide to start chewing on you or your little one. Wishing you the best in finding a better home.

This sounds awful! I feel for ya. I’d worry that the rats would decide to start chewing on you or your little one. Wishing you the best in finding a better home.
You just spoke my worse fear. Growing up we had a rat problem and a rat actually did that to me because I liked to sleep on the floor with my dogs, I stopped after that

Back
Top Bottom