Need advice

How on earth did he show you how to snap a rats neck, please record.
When we would go dove or duck hunting the birds didn’t always die right away so we would grab the whole body and one smash the head or grab the neck and force it till you feel a pop.

Ok I bought the live animal trap unfortunately I can’t get my hands on a pallet gun so I will have to do it the way my dad taught me snap the neck. I’ll set the trap up next to the cham cages since on the cameras are showing they like the walk around my cages. View attachment 242720
You are a much braver woman than I to snap their necks. (icky shivers) Just be careful not to get bitten. Good luck!

Pretty sure that rats will squeeze out of this.
It says rats. These rats are huge like bigger them larry and Imelda huge
You will never be able to do that to a rat.
a hammer to the head yes I can or a huge rock. I might look like prissy girl but I can murder something with my hands if I need to

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 49
It says rats. These rats are huge like bigger them larry and Imelda huge

a hammer to the head yes I can or a huge rock. I might look like prissy girl but I can murder something with my hands if I need to

It's not like I'm saying you are prissy. I'm saying you will not be able to kill it in any of the way you planned. You wont be able to smash its head with a rock or hammer. It's a wild rat.

The only thing you will be able to do is put the cage with the rat in a bucket of water to drown.
Or shoot with a pellet gun, but even that will not be easy.

It will definitely be able to get out of that trap. You will find that trap sprung with no food and no rat. The wire mesh is too large.

Home depot sells a roll of very small square wire mesh no rat can fit through, you could wrap that around the trap staple or zip tie it to it, or use rebar tie wire, easy to use

Last edited:
Not to scare you, but if the infestation is that bad, I'm surprised they haven't attacked the chams yet. I would do whatever you can to keep them protected(which I'm sure you are). If you are seeing droppings everyday, all over and chew holes through stuff, the infestation has probably gotten far beyond your control. Rats aren't just smart, they're intelligent. They have their own distinctive personalities and the ability to learn quickly. Much smarter than reptiles. Which makes them great pets and terrible pests.

You probably know all this, not trying to be a downer. Just putting it out there. Wish the best for you and your family, I know you got a little one, I can't imagine how stressful this would be.

A caged rat will be like a pinball machine with rabbies. I agree- dont try to touch it or open cage until its dead. You seriously need to go... which i know is easier said then done, but i would look for family to stay with or a new place asap

We are trying our best to get out of this place. It’s not easy finding any place to rent so fast. It’s not just finding a place it’s the money as well we dropped $5000 for this move now we are out all that money till we go to court. Yes I’m extremely overwhelmed and have been trying my best to keep everyone in my house safe. I’ve been a hot mess thinking something could happen to my chams. Feel bad that I have to keep throwing away my sons toys. I’m at the point that I want to just pack up some clothing and leave everything behind. Everyday more and more of our stuff gets destroyed. I just want these rats gone, I just want to be happy in my new home and not have to fight with ppl to do the right thing.

We are trying our best to get out of this place. It’s not easy finding any place to rent so fast. It’s not just finding a place it’s the money as well we dropped $5000 for this move now we are out all that money till we go to court. Yes I’m extremely overwhelmed and have been trying my best to keep everyone in my house safe. I’ve been a hot mess thinking something could happen to my chams. Feel bad that I have to keep throwing away my sons toys. I’m at the point that I want to just pack up some clothing and leave everything behind. Everyday more and more of our stuff gets destroyed. I just want these rats gone, I just want to be happy in my new home and not have to fight with ppl to do the right thing.
You are definitely going to have to go to court, love. Any money that you put in to that place, spent on trying to get rid of the rats, and lost trying to replace damaged property all needs to be compensated. I know it sucks but its what's right for you and your family. You deserve to be compensated heavily.

I know you're working hard to find a new place. I wish I could help you.

I would file a complaint first thing the morning and maybe there is something that can be done to get you out because of the safety issue at the landlords expense
I wish the landlord is to cheap to pay for us to stay somewhere else. The cheap butt face moved into the inlaw house on the property instead of dealing with the rats. He just moved stupid tenets into it. I should release the rat in his in law house

Sorry, didnt mean to make it sound like an easy decision/action. File against the mgmt company and that should be all you need. If an atty is involved they can identify the right parties, as well.

Keep your head up!! Maybe introduce some stray cats to the yard!

I have used one of these for years to catch anything from possums to rats and even birds on occasion.
They work well for me but I relocate what I catch. Maybe you could relocate your rats to your landlords house.

Back
Top Bottom