Need advice

I can see that !. How about they switch spaces with you for a bit !!. Let them deal with the rats and let you have a good night sleep . How big is their space ?
It’s like a tiny shed, according to city that is a not permitted structure so technically no one should be living in it but they are ignoring the city as well. They aren’t the smartest ppl in the world

It’s like a tiny shed, according to city that is a not permitted structure so technically no one should be living in it but they are ignoring the city as well. They aren’t the smartest ppl in the world
Go knock on that shed door , drop off the rats and traps to them . I’m sorry you are experiencing this .

Go to your local animal shelter and get a cat. Our local shelter has barn cats specifically for that problem.

Go to your local animal shelter and get a cat. Our local shelter has barn cats specifically for that problem.
But then I have to worry about find a place that will allow a cat. All the places I’ve seen doesn’t except pets but will be ok with my chams because they are in cages not destroying stuff

I just realized something if I do the live trap method what do I do with a live rat?
oh man, I'm just now reading through this thread, what a complete nightmare, I'm so sorry!

We had an outdoor rat problem at our last house, they were getting in the chicken coop. After watching them for a few days I figured out they had chewed a hole in a black trash bag full of straw that I used for the coop and were using it as a nest. It was full of baby rats. When I saw a mama rats dive in with food, I slapped duct tape over the hole and used my other hand to cinch the top closed. The whole bag was moving as they looked for a way out, there were so many rats in there, it was awful. I didn't want to let go since they were pushing through the plastic at the top of the bag by my hand so I grabbed a nearby shovel and beat the crap out of the bag until it stopped moving. I'm an animal lover so I'm still traumatized that I did that but my kids played in the yard and my chickens free ranged and I didn't need dirty gross rats running around, they were so bold! So that's how I handled trapped rats, with a shovel. (though I don't recommend it! )

Good luck, I hope you find a new place soon!

The rats got into my new dry food for the insects :rolleyes: I just bought the bag and was going to make the food today. I’m guessing it’s not safe now and I shouldn’t feed to the insects?

Attachments

• 141557DC-EB73-43FF-AED4-FCC7569145B3.jpeg
    141557DC-EB73-43FF-AED4-FCC7569145B3.jpeg
    362.2 KB · Views: 54
I've seen other (updated designs) where it bounces the rat/mouse into a bucket of water and they drown since they are stunned by the trap and you only have to dump out the bucket for cleanup.

Back
Top Bottom