My setup?

JJchameleon

Hi there, I am just going to ask some questions about the setup for my panther chameleon, which I am going to get soon! I am really looking forward to getting him, so I want to make sure I can care for him well, so that he is healthy.
Seeing as he is only small, I think a glass cage from exo terra that is 45cm x 45cm x 60cm should be fine (18" x 18" x 24") at the top I will place a heat lamp to create a basking spot.:confused: Also I will buy a UVB tube, but I am not sure how to fit it and where?:confused: I will buy a few fake plants and get a few sticks from the woods for climbing, does anyone know which live plants are OK for a chameleons setup? I also am looking to buy two thermometers, one for the basking spot and on for the general temperature. I will also buy a hygrometer (to measure the humidity of course!) I will also buy a food bowl for mealworms etc. and a mist sprayer to keep humidity up. I will feed it crickets daily and put mealworms in the bowl daily. I know that I have to put calcium powder anD multivitamin powder onto the mealworms. Have I covered everything?
All comments are greatly appreciated! :)

Check out the care sheet I've posted for the panther chameleon. I would recommend a linear bulb for your UVB lighting. It will spread out better than the coil bulbs. You also have to understand that your chameleon may grow very quickly in just a few months, so a bigger cage will be necessary in the near future. The link will give you more information.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/panther/

I've also attached a food source link at the bottom. You want to feed your chameleon a decent variety as mealworms daily is not recommended. The link will show you some decent feeders you can buy, whether online or at your local pet shop. I personally buy everything online because my local shops only carry the usual crickets, mealworms, etc.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/sandrachameleon/74-feeders.html

My advice to you would be to do a bit more research before committing. A lot of the questions you're asking are basic husbandry questions that can be found on the forum. Believe me when I say 99% of your questions have already been asked before, so a quick search on here will more than likely answer it for you. Good luck! :)

Back
Top Bottom