My Precious Sadie Baby Needs Your Thoughts and Prayers

Thank you so much for all of your thoughts and prayers for my Sadie baby. Carol, she was about the same this morning.

Dr. Mader's intern Rachel, called me about 30 minutes ago and said he had done his own Xrays and Sadie doesn't have anymore eggs. So he's now doing bloodwork and one of them will call me with the results of the bloodwork.

I sure hope he can find out what's wrong and be able to fix it.

I just picked Sadie up and the only thing he could find was a pinworm but her eyes still look sunk in to me. I am still worried even though the X-rays and bloodwork were perfect. He said he'd be around all weekend and to just call or email if I need him.

Well, Jann, I guess that's good news.?? I wish you had gotten more answers. Hopefully Sadie will feel better after being back home for bit. Still sending positive thoughts.

Deb

Well, Jann, I guess that's good news.?? I wish you had gotten more answers. Hopefully Sadie will feel better after being back home for bit. Still sending positive thoughts.

Deb

Thank you Deb. We are in the Keys until tomorrow.

Sadie threw up the mantis only partly digested and trying to throw up this morning. We are headed back to the vet with her.

Jann, I just noticed this thread. Sorry to hear Sadie isn't feeling well. Hope she bounces back quickly and is feeling better soon! Sending thoughts and prayers your way!!! Is she drinking anything? Hope you can get her hydrated a bit while she is not eating. Best of luck for a quick recovery Sadie! :)

I'm so sorry for you and little Sadie!!!! I sure hope the get can help her! Stay strong and let us know how the visit goes... Saying prayers!!

So sorry to read about sadie jann :(, I will be praying for her and i wish you the best of luck with all that you have been going through recently.

Ohh great reptile gods specifically the chameleon ones you know who you are I pray health and wealth to Sadie al la la boom sha'd waka

wow, haven't checked in for a while and this just plain sucks. I am very empathetic for all your recent hardships and battles. hopefully B.A.'s cousin will be back to herself in no time. best wishes

chris

Sadie Update

Thank you all so much for your kinds words and support.

Dr. Mader kept Sadie. I called around 3 and talked to him and he wants to keep her and monitor her over night. He gave her a couple of injections one was vit. B, I can't remember the other and he gave her some Emeraid and he still thinks nothing is wrong except dehydration. He's also giving her .1 cc of Gator Aid ever couple hours for a total of .5 a day and he said he put some nourishment right into her stomach.*I'm going to call again in a little while to check on her.

Oh Jann :( I was going to wish you happy birthday on the other thread then I saw your link.

I have just seen this! I hope all goes well at the Dr, she's in good hands! I love Sadie and I'm hoping and praying that she will be back to her old self in no time.

Please try to enjoy your birthday! Giving you happy birthday wishes along with hopes and prayers!

Jann she's in the best place and hands that she could be!!! I'm praying that she bounces back after some extra hydration, I know that you'll give her plenty of TCL as soon as you get her back home!!!
Now you take care of yourself!!!

Jann, I just got back from vacay to see this. My thoughts are with you and Sadie today and I hope that Dr. Mader gets her all healthy and fixed up soon. Did they suggest spaying her to prevent unshelled eggs in the future? I've never heard of chams having that issue, and I'd be interested in more information once you know that Sadie is bouncing back to her normal self! :eek:

Thanks for the update! Hope she is doing well tomorrow and can come home. Glad she is getting some hydration! :)

So sorry you are having problems with Sadie. I had one female veiled that produced yolk from one side and eggs from the other. She had been gripped and squeezed by her mate's mouhh. She did it for several eral can,itches and then died. I never found out why...but I wondered if she developed an infection somehow from the yolks sitting tbere before they were "laid".

Last edited:
Thank you so much for all of the kind words and support.

Thank you Lynda for sharing your experience. Sadie has not been mated but I wonder if somehow she could have hurt herself. About half the eggs were unshelled. So half could have came from one ovary and half from the other ovary.

I went to visit her this evening and she didn't look any worse and I called tonight to check on her. I am praying she will be allot better in the morning.

Wanted to wish you good luck and best regards. I know how it feels I have sick chams now and oldest one died yesterday. I been on pills and liquor hurt me bad I actually cut myself too.
Trying to give my four chams back to the store and breeders. But won't take them so I put them on Craigslist. So they get the care I can't provide. I wish I didn't get them in first place. You have my prayers...

Back
Top Bottom