My Precious Sadie Baby Needs Your Thoughts and Prayers

Jann, I am so sorry. I'm in shock.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do. My wife and I are keeping you and your family in our prayers.

I am so heartbroken for you Jann it is impossible to come up with the right words. With all the kindness you put out there and all the care and love you give to your beloved chameleons, it is just not fair. Know many others are feeling Sadie's loss along side of you. She knew more love in her couple years of life than most creatures on this planet will ever know.

Oh jann, I just can't believe it. I'm sorry for your loss. You have had so much heart ache recently. I really hope something shows up in her necropsy that can help give you some closure,

So sorry for your loss. I am still a relative newbie, but it is obvious that your chams always get the best care possible. I am sorry for everything you have gone through lately. Please keep us posted on the results. RIP Sadie :(

This is the first chance I have had to read anything on here in a few days and this is the first post I see.....I am so sorry to hear about Sadie and her troubles, I sure hope the vet can get her back to normal and that beautiful little girl will be OK.....thoughts and prayers.

Sadie's Autopsy Results

Thank you all so much for all the kind words, comments and condolences. I am a mess and probably would not have got out of bed this morning if I didn't have these other guys that need me to care for them. Below is the finding from the autopsy.

Dr. Mader called me yesterday evening with the autopsy results. He has a tendency to talk over my head and I was so out of it yesterday I had ask Dr. Alfonso to call him this morning. Sadie had Coelomitis. He said it was pretty bad and that she must have had it for a while since the damage was seen all the way to the heart and lungs. He repeated to Dr. Alfonso that even if he had done surgery they wouldn't have been able to save her. Dr. Alfonso said it is yet another freak accident that happens and makes you wonder just how common it really is as too many people find their chameleons gone after laying eggs.

From what I understand from talking to both vets is that Sadie’s ovary ruptured and the yoke had spread all around inside her body.

Dr. Mader sent me Sadie’s body overnight this morning so tomorrow we will be able to give her a proper burial next to her Grandpa Luie and Grandma Camille.

Last edited:
Jann, I'm glad you now know what happened. Unfortunately knowledge can't make the sadness any less painful. Again, so sorry.

Deb

Jann, I am sooooo sorry to hear that your beautiful little Sadie is gone.. I was just sure that she was going to pull through this. She had a blessed life with you and you with her.... She can never be replaced and won't be forgotten either! We all have many gorgeous pictures to remember her by. I am sorry thst you are having to go through this again. You gave her the best care possible and loved on her daily!
At least the autopsy results can give you peace of mind as to the fact that you/no one could of done anything for her.
Now she will rest in peace next to her grandparents.... Wishing you peace at heart my friend......

Thank you so much Deb and Lisa. I just can't believe that she's gone. It saddens me just to walk by her room. I was so not expecting to loose Sadie. Both my panther boys are old and I've been giving Jr special care for months but never once dreamed I'd loose my precious Sadie at 19 months old. :(

Thank you so much Deb and Lisa. I just can't believe that she's gone. It saddens me just to walk by her room. I was so not expecting to loose Sadie. Both my panther boys are old and I've been giving Jr special care for months but never once dreamed I'd loose my precious Sadie at 19 months old. :(

I don't think anybody ever dreamed that this would happen to little Sadie :( so so sad.

OMG Jann,I am so so sorry.
Miss Sadie was such a doll.I feel so sad & truly upset that you have to go thru all this once again.If I lived close to you I would come over and give you a big hug....you are in my thoughts.
Just remember that Sadie had the best home & the best of everything during her short life.She will be greatly missed by all of us

Thank you again everyone for your kind words. It means allot to me. I am still very sadden by the loss of my Sadie baby.

Back
Top Bottom