My new little Melleri!

Gesang. Pics??

Well, um, it's not like you can just take pics of her anytime you want. SHE lets you know when she's ready. :D

You know- it's kind of like the joke- What do you feed a gorilla? Anything it wants!

Her free range is densely planted, and she basks up behind a couple of trees.

But I will try tomorrow.

Here is a photo of her from July 26th (nearly 3 months ago).
DSCF2424b.jpg

Here's a list of unisex names. Don't know if you'll like any of them or not but thought they could go either way boy or girl. My personal favorite is Riley. Mallory might also be nice for a Melleri. Jann

Jamie
Jordon
Riley
Alex
Ashton
Kelsey
Blair
Cameron
Reagon
Payton
Mallory
Dallas
Sydney
Taylor
Tyler
Hayden
Hunter
Logan
Morgan

Name it Sarah Palin, sometimes I'm not so sure what she's packing under those skirt suits.

I advise you to romove that - If it doesn't violate TOS, it still will piss people off.
and the one below should go too. I'm not a mod, but I do not like seeing devisive politics make their way into my hobby. now, if one of them decides the government needs to ban exotic animals... then we talk.

Last edited:
funny - I picked a name that would work for either sex as well. He's actually named (ironically) after the former head of the CIN, who told me many times, over and over, that melleri were not suitable for captivity, and that C.B. melleri were impossible to keep long term. They were too nervous, stressed out, and would just go off food for days if they even saw a person...

I have been using Ardi as a show chameleon for years now - in fact, he was eating from my had at a reptile show at just over 3 months of age. Now, he will eat from strangers' hands in front of a crowd of about a hundred people - many of whom are kids getting in his face.

The lack of sexual dimorphisim amongst melleri is a pain when it comes to breeding, but it's actually an aspect of them that makes them so superior (in my mind) to other chameleons.

Males and females are EQUALLY desirable as pets or individual specimens. You have 30 healthy animals, and each and every one of them is just as good as a pet - and just as easy to sell, from the breeder's perspective. With panthers and veileds, it's often harder to sell off those females - because people who want them as a pet do not want females!

I advise you to romove that - If it doesn't violate TOS, it still will piss people off.
and the one below should go too. I'm not a mod, but I do not like seeing devisive politics make their way into my hobby. now, if one of them decides the government needs to ban exotic animals... then we talk.

It's just a joke. But your right Eric, I don't want to start a whole political squabble, or hurt anyone's feelings. Removing it won't do any good since it's already been quoted.

Well, now that we've gotten past the political issues, as pertain to Melleri...:p

I probably won't be chosing any political names anyhow..hah, too much...something..behind those.

Thanks for all the uni-names Jann! You know, odd for me, but I think I may just choose a non-human name for this one. Which is actually proving even more difficult. What do you think: a 30 inch Chameleon named "Cupcake"? ;)

Sandy: Wouldn't it be cute to see Megana do this? She would break the branch!:
CharlieMinchBrowniesNewMelleri.jpg

Last edited:
Well ... I did name my male veiled "Kitty" .... I LIKE it!

-Brad

I think it is adorable that you named him Kitty! I'm a big fan of his website too, you two have done a great job with it! :p

I've decided on a name. Okashi! It means "candy" in Japanese. So the search is over! Thanks everyone!

I know you picked one but, Nessy as in the lockness monster or how ever you spell it. I dont think its been sexed yet:eek:

Back
Top Bottom