My New Chameleons!

Picked up two juvenile bearded pygmy chameleons today, which I believe to both be female (unsure about one). I also have an additional two that I will be picking up on saturday. They are older (adults) but will be housed together since the size difference won't be too great. That pair will be a 1.1 so hopefully I'll have baby bearded pygmy's in the near future! So without further ado, here they are!

ALSO, feel free to send some names my way! I'll point out the 100% female so you can suggest female names for her, and unisex names for the other. Cheers!

Female

Unknown Sex, mid shed so didn't want to handle

Disappearing into the ferns. Tail says female but body shape says male. What do you guys think?

I'm getting some juviniles around June, can't waitXD also as a fellow star wars fan I do like the name kamino, how about wicket for the unsexed one or endor.

I can see you named your other cham Naboo. So how about naming on of these guys Kamino?

I'm getting some juviniles around June, can't waitXD also as a fellow star wars fan I do like the name kamino, how about wicket for the unsexed one or endor.

Both are great suggestions! My girlfriend thinks I should name the male Archie and two of the females Betty and Veronica OR Fred, Wilma, Betty and Pebbles (if I have 3 females and 1 male). As for Kamino, I was thinking I might name another chameleon I might get down the road that so I might hold off on that for now. I love how there are Star Wars geeks on here like myself.
Keep throwing names at me guys and gals! :D

Excellent photographs from you, congratulations on the new chameleons, they are so amazing!
I also think you should go all Star Wars for the names, you've started now so you might as well just carry on.
Princess Leia the Pygmy, and yuo can hope for just one male to be Han Solo haha.

So cute!!!!

I was thinking "Fred" and "Wilma!" ...and then saw you posted that these names are being considered... so my vote is for the Flinstones names! :D

Excellent photographs from you, congratulations on the new chameleons, they are so amazing!
I also think you should go all Star Wars for the names, you've started now so you might as well just carry on.
Princess Leia the Pygmy, and yuo can hope for just one male to be Han Solo haha.
So many are going for the Star Wars theme xD I just have a hard time thinking of 3 female Star Wars related names. Thank you for the comment, much appreciated :D

I was thinking "Fred" and "Wilma!" ...and then saw you posted that these names are being considered... so my vote is for the Flinstones names! :D
Hahah she beat ya to it! I kind of like them as well. I'll make the final decision on Saturday when I get the other two.

They are adorable! Best of luck with the them.
Thanks so much Jann!

I was thinkin Chamino
Hahaha ya I remember when you originally commented on Naboo's thread and suggested that name. I won't steal it from ya ;)

Hahaha ya I remember when you originally commented on Naboo's thread and suggested that name. I won't steal it from ya ;)

Honestly, it's yours if you want it. I've decided on another name for my next one, and I have no idea when I'm gonna get another opportunity. Go for it!

Really? Honestly they both look female to me. I've always read that the males have a little bit longer of tales and they often have a slight curl at the tip by the time they are juvies. Both of these pigs have shorter tails with no curl. Any other opinions?

Could have been because I had to use a flash. Both of their colours are pretty similar. I'll try to take a better photo tomorrow after work.

Back
Top Bottom