My DIY Rain Nozzle Misting System For Under $75

Sorry, the other one I have is being sold under alarmpore now..
View attachment 224611

Thanks. Yeah I seen the dimmable one with 60 watt but I don't want dimmable for the pump.
I found this one which is 5 stars and 85% efficiency which I was going to get.
Screenshot_20190302-154148_Amazon Shopping.jpg
What do you think? Waste of money or is bigger better?

Thanks. Yeah I seen the dimmable one with 60 watt but I don't want dimmable for the pump.
I found this one which is 5 stars and 85% efficiency which I was going to get.
View attachment 224613
What do you think? Waste of money or is bigger better?

I wish I had gotten the last two they had on the non dimmable 60w now lol. For $5 more the 100w would probably be the way I'd go but the one you linked is interesting. Nearly as efficient as meanwell hlg-80h-12.

I did find this one which appears identical to the catiya one under a different name though.
I forget where but saw someone mention the catiya is some of my led reading some place.
Screenshot_2019-03-02-17-23-34.png

I did find this one which appears identical to the catiya one under a different name though.
I forget where but saw someone mention the catiya is some of my led reading some place.
View attachment 224625

I think I like that one better. Thanks for going back and forth with me on this. I think I'm going to place the order. Looks like I have everything I need except the bucket, lid and hose. The hose I seen online away Menards for cheaper then on online.
Looks like everything is going to run about $160.00 but I should be able to run about 20 sprayers on this.

I think I like that one better. Thanks for going back and forth with me on this. I think I'm going to place the order. Looks like I have everything I need except the bucket, lid and hose. The hose I seen online away Menards for cheaper then on online.
Looks like everything is going to run about $160.00 but I should be able to run about 20 sprayers on this.

You're welcome. I suspect the ieik would run as many as the advanced system with both sides being 3/8 or larger. It has twice the flow with nearly the same pressure. Only down side to this diy I've had is the pump isn't quiet lol.

Hi guys,

sorry for the long delay between responses. I have so many projects going on at once that I had to put this off for awhile.

So, you were correct about the pressure. I didn't have everything sealed and that was the first problem. After I got everything setup correctly the pump did indeed work, but the pressure was far too great (even with a ball valve) so I returned the pump and bought the same exact one you recommended.

Now i'm having another issue unfortunately. The mist king valves do mist but only when I have the ball valve turned off completely, and then after about 20 seconds the tubing bursts out of the pump spraying water all over my living room. The pump also makes weird noises and ticks now. I'm not entirely sure what the problem is.

I'll try to post a video shortly so you can get a better idea of whats going on.

Hi guys,

sorry for the long delay between responses. I have so many projects going on at once that I had to put this off for awhile.

So, you were correct about the pressure. I didn't have everything sealed and that was the first problem. After I got everything setup correctly the pump did indeed work, but the pressure was far too great (even with a ball valve) so I returned the pump and bought the same exact one you recommended.

Now i'm having another issue unfortunately. The mist king valves do mist but only when I have the ball valve turned off completely, and then after about 20 seconds the tubing bursts out of the pump spraying water all over my living room. The pump also makes weird noises and ticks now. I'm not entirely sure what the problem is.

I'll try to post a video shortly so you can get a better idea of whats going on.

A video would definitely be helpful on this one. Having a hard time imagining what your describing atm lol. How many mistking nozzles do you have and the pump is the ieik I posted or the one the op posted?

A video would definitely be helpful on this one. Having a hard time imagining what your describing atm lol. How many mistking nozzles do you have and the pump is the ieik I posted or the one the op posted?

Here's a video of the problems i'm experiencing:

If I leave the ball valve shut off completely so that it functions, though with a tick, eventually the tubing shoots out. I'm sure I could glue it to get a better hold, but I'm not sure if that sound is safe or normal. In fact it may frighten my chameleon.

That doesn't look like the pumps I have, can you take a pic of the label on it and the connections? I'll see if I can find the pics I took for Mike in the mean time. I'm stuck at work late tonight but when I get home I'll try my pumps with just 2 mistking nozzles. I have one of mine hooked to 5 with no issues but I'll test the two out for you.

That doesn't look like the pumps I have, can you take a pic of the label on it and the connections? I'll see if I can find the pics I took for Mike in the mean time. I'm stuck at work late tonight but when I get home I'll try my pumps with just 2 mistking nozzles. I have one of mine hooked to 5 with no issues but I'll test the two out for you.
Thanks. I bought this pump: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074MZYS37/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attachments

• IMG_1854.jpg
    IMG_1854.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_1853.jpg
    IMG_1853.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_1851.jpg
    IMG_1851.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_1855.jpg
    IMG_1855.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_1856.jpg
    IMG_1856.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 114
Here are a few I took for Mike a while back. The yellow lid is my old way (still rocking them though) and the clear lid is my latet version of this that I did while helping Mike with this.

Screenshot_2019-06-21-17-48-00.png Screenshot_2019-06-21-17-48-27.png Screenshot_2019-06-21-17-48-05.png Screenshot_2019-06-21-17-47-33.png Screenshot_2019-06-21-17-49-44.png

Here are a few I took for Mike a while back. The yellow lid is my old way (still rocking them though) and the clear lid is my latet version of this that I did while helping Mike with this.

View attachment 236826View attachment 236827View attachment 236828View attachment 236829View attachment 236830
Oh okay. I'm a bit confused as this is different pump than what was originally described by
Panthro413.
I mean I could buy ANOTHER one, but this would be my third pump at this point haha. Also the way you have yours connected is completely different than what was demonstrated by Panthro413. For my simple setup I thought i could just follow his method. Do I need to make some changes?

Oh okay. I'm a bit confused as this is different pump than what was originally described by
Panthro413.
I mean I could buy ANOTHER one, but this would be my third pump at this point and I could have just bought a mistking. Also the way you have yours connected is completely different than what was demonstrated by Panthro413. For my simple setup I thought i could just follow his method. Do I need to make some changes?

My yellow tops are the same simple design just with a larger reservoir then what you two are using is all. The clear top I wanted to move the pump upright so I used pvc fittings and added a prefilter for the pesky fur that always seems to make its way in no matter what I do.

I am confused, maybe I'm missing something ( I did not read whole thread). The pump needs to be below the reservoir to operate properly. You should not have the pump on top of the reservoir.

Back
Top Bottom