My DIY Rain Nozzle Misting System For Under $75

Started piecing one together as well. Had a hard time going from the diaphragm pump to the tubing but finally figured that out with a part from Lowe's. Not sure what you are using.

I am wondering... putting the misting nozzle on the outside makes the water collect then drip like rain correct? Wouldn't making a motorized drip system would be easier and cheaper. $10 fountain pump to some tubing with the end pinched off and some holes poked in it.

Did you get the ball valve from climist as well?
Home Depot for $9.99 & a backup on Ebay for $3.49. I wanted to make the adjustment right away and didnt want to wait for the ebay one to arrive so I got one at Home Depot. Thats why I have 2..

Last edited:
Started piecing one together as well. Had a hard time going from the diaphragm pump to the tubing but finally figured that out with a part from Lowe's. Not sure what you are using.

I am wondering... putting the misting nozzle on the outside makes the water collect then drip like rain correct? Wouldn't making a motorized drip system would be easier and cheaper. $10 fountain pump to some tubing with the end pinched off and some holes poked in it.
The pump produces a fine mist throughout the cage. Some of the mist builds up on top of cage which causes rain droplets as well. A fountain pump wouldn't have enough pressure for the nozzle to produce a fine mist. Also the pump is only $19.99. I rather get the proper part then to try and go cheap and have issue later. Also, I could always add more nozzles upon upgrading cage later if i wanted to with this pump.

Last edited:
The pump produces a fine mist throughout the cage. Some of the mist builds up on top of cage which causes rain droplets as well. A fountain pump wouldn't have enough pressure for the nozzle to produce a fine mist. Also the pump is only $19.99. I rather get the proper part then to try and go cheap and have issue later. Also, I could always add more nozzles upon upgrading cage later if i wanted to with this pump.

I didnt think the mist would go through the cage but now that i thing about it... I mist with a spray bottle through the cage so i just wasnt thinking right. I have a similar system started. Same type pump but was planning to put the tube through the screen but i gues i don't have to.

Hi there!

I decided to use your model as a guide to build my own. I thought I bought the correct pump but my 1/4" tubing didn't fit perfectly like yours so I purchased two 1/4 to 3/4 adapter. These arrived and didn't work. For some reason the 1/4" tubing is smaller than the 1/4" hole on the adapter.
So... I used gorilla glue and some other tubing I had and made something from scratch.
After plugging in the pump I'm getting absolutely no water pumping. There's plenty of noise but absolutely no water flow.
Do you have any suggestions?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 205
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 229
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 223
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    268.7 KB · Views: 183
Hi there!

I decided to use your model as a guide to build my own. I thought I bought the correct pump but my 1/4" tubing didn't fit perfectly like yours so I purchased two 1/4 to 3/4 adapter. These arrived and didn't work. For some reason the 1/4" tubing is smaller than the 1/4" hole on the adapter.
So... I used gorilla glue and some other tubing I had and made something from scratch.
After plugging in the pump I'm getting absolutely no water pumping. There's plenty of noise but absolutely no water flow.

Here is the makeshift connections I made lol

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 221
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 210
Hi there!

In the pic of the bucket and ball valve, is the ball valve going out to the cage? Also which pump exactly did you buy? I've got four of these systems running now in different rooms so I'll try to help you if I can.

Also, since I'm in here, with 3/8 id tube going in and 1/4 od tube coming out, 16 nozzles is the most I've tried on these pumps now. This is a mix of 8 mistking/ climist nozzles and 8 .3mm cleanable amazon nozzles.

Back
Top Bottom