Moving water ideas

Chameleonbeeb

Can anyone show me pictures of how they got moving water in their chameleon tank I want to have a way to have moving water at all times so that when I'm at work and can't misty chameleon can still drink water . I know waterfalls can be used if cleaned a lot and bubblers can't think of anything else but post pics !

You can just use a dripper. I use a plastic bottle that I just put a pin size hole in. I fill it up before I go to work and its usually just about empty when I get home. I do also have a mist king going but I like to use the dripper as well. I suggest you get a descent mist set up and then you won't have to worry anymore. Set it and forget it. Lol. Hope this helps

i agree about using a drip system because having moving water like a waterfall or bubbler is not necessary and they wont recognize it as a drinking source. on top of that, they will defecate in it because thats what they do in the wild. the dripper is perfect because you fill it up, it drips all day and the drips simulate rain collecting on the foliage in the enclosure which is how they naturally drink. its important to have a drip system so that they have ample opportunities to drink throughout the day. as cbeal1 said you can make one or can buy one, i have the Little Dripper, which i got at petco they also have the Big Dripper which holds more water. a misting set up is for keeping the humidity up while you are gone which can be difficult especially if you dont have any live plants in the enclosure so you should look into that too :)

Back
Top Bottom