Fish tank in enclosure

TotallySpark

Right now I'm making a custom encloser for a vailed chameleon and at the bottom I wanted to add a connected fish tank, the main way id do it is by having almost like a arch of dirt (quick example at the bottom) so that there is ground for the chameleon at bottom and a net over the water so he doesn't fall in. The main reason why I want to do this is that I can have a small water fall that he can drink the filtered water from if he need anymore water. I've herd of some people doing the same thing (where I got the net idea from) and i could use some more advice and thinks i should look out for and plan before I get to work.
tank.png

Right now I'm making a custom encloser for a vailed chameleon and at the bottom I wanted to add a connected fish tank, the main way id do it is by having almost like a arch of dirt (quick example at the bottom) so that there is ground for the chameleon at bottom and a net over the water so he doesn't fall in. The main reason why I want to do this is that I can have a small water fall that he can drink the filtered water from if he need anymore water. I've herd of some people doing the same thing (where I got the net idea from) and i could use some more advice and thinks i should look out for and plan before I get to work.View attachment 349223
As much as I like your enthusiasm and creativity . I would strongly. Recommend against having a waterfall. They are Bastians for bacteria . At one point I thought I could do the same thing . you just can’t keep them clean enough. I have seen aquariums turned up on and with screen fronts, put on but there’s no way for the UVB to get through the glass . It will also inhibit your heat lamp. I wish to make any suggestions . I would have you check this out

https://chameleonacademy.com/basics-the-chameleon-cage/

As much as I like your enthusiasm and creativity . I would strongly. Recommend against having a waterfall. They are Bastians for bacteria . At one point I thought I could do the same thing . you just can’t keep them clean enough. I have seen aquariums turned up on and with screen fronts, put on but there’s no way for the UVB to get through the glass . It will also inhibit your heat lamp. I wish to make any suggestions . I would have you check this out

https://chameleonacademy.com/basics-the-chameleon-cage/
I knew the water fall was a bit much, But can you explain a bit more about how this could effect the heat lamp and uvb?

I knew the water fall was a bit much, But can you explain a bit more about how this could effect the heat lamp and uvb?
Well, if you’re turning the aquarium up on edge, you would have to put the lights on top. UVB will not penetrate glass. And the heat lamp sitting on top of the glass with generate more heat to the glass which could give you burns I’m not exactly sure what you’re trying to achieve and how you’re going to do it, so maybe my thought isn’t exactly on par with what you’re up to . But you definitely want to have a screen top and you’ll need some kind of air circulation to keep the air from getting stagnant . Via fan, etc.. I built lots of cages over the years. These are just some of the issues. I think might be to your disadvantage.

Well, if you’re turning the aquarium up on edge, you would have to put the lights on top. UVB will not penetrate glass. And the heat lamp sitting on top of the glass with generate more heat to the glass which could give you burns I’m not exactly sure what you’re trying to achieve and how you’re going to do it, so maybe my thought isn’t exactly on par with what you’re up to . But you definitely want to have a screen top and you’ll need some kind of air circulation to keep the air from getting stagnant . Via fan, etc.. I built lots of cages over the years. These are just some of the issues. I think might be to your disadvantage.
yeah all of that with air and mesh will added in the encloser, thank you for the advice!

Back
Top Bottom