MistKing vs AquaZamp

johncjb

I have heard quite a few good things about both (compared to Zoo Med or Exo Terra) but I would like some feedback on which is better.

As far as I can tell, MistKing doesn't come with a reservoir whereas Aquazamp does.

Has anyone had any bad experiences with either?

Also, what is the difference between "standard 0.9 GPH Nozzle Tip Flow" and "torrential 3.0 Nozzle Tip Flow" in Aquazamp Misting Systems?

(Btw, this will be for 2-3 Rudis Chameleons in a 2'x2'x4' screen cage with a drainage system, along with a hygrotherm connected to a repti-fogger for extra humidity)

Thanks for the help :D

From what I've heard, both systems are equally good. The difference is 25$ more for the aquazamp reservoir. Which is a bucket. Which costs 5$ at a hardware store.

I have mostly MistKing systems with a couple RainDomes from Aquazamp. They are both really good parts, and as far as I know there are not any major quality differences.

MistKing does require buying a bucket for $5 or so to make a reservoir. I have only used MistKing nozzles which are all a fine spray, but I would guess the difference between those two nozzles is a fine spray verses large drops and tons of water output. There is going to be a lot of water coming out of a nozzle rated at 3 gallons an hour :)

If you order MistKing you will probably want to buy from a local distributor like LLLReptile to avoid the international shipping.

I have mostly MistKing systems with a couple RainDomes from Aquazamp. They are both really good parts, and as far as I know there are not any major quality differences.

MistKing does require buying a bucket for $5 or so to make a reservoir. I have only used MistKing nozzles which are all a fine spray, but I would guess the difference between those two nozzles is a fine spray verses large drops and tons of water output. There is going to be a lot of water coming out of a nozzle rated at 3 gallons an hour :)

If you order MistKing you will probably want to buy from a local distributor like LLLReptile to avoid the international shipping.

I just ordered a mistaking system and got free shipping because the timers are on back order. Of course, that also means that I do not know when I will receive the system. But I am not in a hurry, so that is fine by me. Otherwise, I agree with sharp229, get it from someone stateside like LLL.

So if I ran both systems for the same amount of time a day, the aquaZamp would leave more water in my cage vs the mistking???

So if I ran both systems for the same amount of time a day, the aquaZamp would leave more water in my cage vs the mistking???

No. I was referring to the difference between the AquaZamp 0.9GPH nozzle and 3.0GPH nozzle.

I think the MistKing nozzles have similar output to the AquaZamp 0.9GPH nozzle, although I don't have an AquaZamp nozzle so I can't say for sure. They are at least very similar, so the AquaZamp would not put out a lot more water unless you got the 3GPH nozzle.

Thanks for the input guys! I'll probably go with an Aquazamp .9GPH misting system along with a raining system. Does anyone know if I would need distilled water for the mister, or would tap water be ok?

No. I was referring to the difference between the AquaZamp 0.9GPH nozzle and 3.0GPH nozzle.

I think the MistKing nozzles have similar output to the AquaZamp 0.9GPH nozzle, although I don't have an AquaZamp nozzle so I can't say for sure. They are at least very similar, so the AquaZamp would not put out a lot more water unless you got the 3GPH nozzle.

The aquazamp nozzles are rated at 0.9GPH while the mistking nozzles are rated at 0.8GPH, so there is a slight difference in the droplet size and water volume used. That being said it is such a small difference that you would not notice. If you left both nozzles spraying for an hour you would have about 1.5 cups more water from the aquazamp than the mistking, we are talking minuscule differences in the short time you would be running them each day. I would just stay away from the 3GPH nozzles altogether unless you want a torrential downpour in you cage.:D

I hope this helps.

Thanks for the input guys! I'll probably go with an Aquazamp .9GPH misting system along with a raining system. Does anyone know if I would need distilled water for the mister, or would tap water be ok?

Distilled or RO water are recommended. Tap water will eventually cause mineral buildup and clog the misting nozzle.

Distilled or RO water are recommended. Tap water will eventually cause mineral buildup and clog the misting nozzle.

Yeah, that's what I though. At less than 1 gallon an hour, with a 3 gallon reservoir, and with only a few minutes a day, it shouldn't use too much :p

If you have just one nozzle you will probably use less than 1/2 gallon a day so a 3 gallon reservoir should last about a week. I have 4 nozzles and a rain system running with a 50 gallon reservoir and I have to refill every 3 weeks or so, but the rain system uses ALOT of water. I have a 7 gallon trash can under it and empty it twice a week.

If you have just one nozzle you will probably use less than 1/2 gallon a day so a 3 gallon reservoir should last about a week. I have 4 nozzles and a rain system running with a 50 gallon reservoir and I have to refill every 3 weeks or so, but the rain system uses ALOT of water. I have a 7 gallon trash can under it and empty it twice a week.

Ieeeh... How often do you make it rain?

This also depends on the quality of your tap water. If you have hard water the nozzle will likely develop problems relatively quickly, but if your water is very high quality it may not cause any problems. I'm not sure at what point it becomes a problem, but the water where I live is always below 30PPM total dissolved solids (TDS). I was originally using my RO system which is 0PPM, but I have moved some of my misting to the tap water and have not yet had any issues.

You can find the quality of your water by getting a relatively cheap digital TDS meter on Amazon (~$20). If you do need to use RO water, you will probably want to look into an RO filter since they can be had for around $100 and it will easily pay for itself in a year in most cases verses buying water from a store.

You may also need to run the system for more than a few minutes a day since chameleons can take a while to start drinking. At least one five minute session would be helpful.

I have the aquazamp with the raindomes. I upgraded from a Monsoon. I noticed a big difference in the spray. While I used more water I emptied less from my drainage bucket. To me that meant more stayed in the environment as humidity and water droplets for the cham to drink. The chams also acted differently with the aquazamp as they no longer ran away from the spray. They actually ran into it and I ran both the sprayers and the raindome every two hours.
The main reason I chose the aquazamp over the mist king was the number of nozzles I could run off of one pump. The aquazamp could run more than the mist king. They are both quality products

I just ordered a mistaking system and got free shipping because the timers are on back order. Of course, that also means that I do not know when I will receive the system. But I am not in a hurry, so that is fine by me. Otherwise, I agree with sharp229, get it from someone stateside like LLL.

Same thing with me but I ordered an aquazamp. My problem is he sent me an email saying it shipped and even sent me a tracking, when it turned out that they were low on timers and it hasn't been sent at all. So my system was supposed to be originally delivered two days ago, but now I have no idea.

I'm SOL because I was counting on the information he sent me to be accurate and now I have no other mist options. Just be careful if you get an aquazamp because they seem (from my dealings with them) very sketchy and not holding up to their promises.

Sorry if this sounds rude. I'm not meaning to be. I'm a firefighter so i work 24 hours. My wife is stay at home mom so there is always someone home except this week. It couldn't have happened at a worse time. My neighbor is checking on my chams but I'm still freaking out

Same thing with me but I ordered an aquazamp. My problem is he sent me an email saying it shipped and even sent me a tracking, when it turned out that they were low on timers and it hasn't been sent at all. So my system was supposed to be originally delivered two days ago, but now I have no idea.

I'm SOL because I was counting on the information he sent me to be accurate and now I have no other mist options. Just be careful if you get an aquazamp because they seem (from my dealings with them) very sketchy and not holding up to their promises.

Sorry if this sounds rude. I'm not meaning to be. I'm a firefighter so i work 24 hours. My wife is stay at home mom so there is always someone home except this week. It couldn't have happened at a worse time. My neighbor is checking on my chams but I'm still freaking out

I had a similar problem when I ordered my raindomes. I got the aquazamp first and then decided to get the raindomes. They mistakenly sent me a tracking number and here it was the original order. I emailed them and they answered right away and sent another when everything shipped which was a few days later. I am very happy with my purchases. So don't give up.

Back
Top Bottom