Aquazamp or mistking

Chamman26

Hello all i have a 5 month old blue bar panther that i got from kammerflage!! I need a mist system and need to know all the differences between the 2 so i can decide. How is quality on the pump and components between aquazamp and mistking? How is the spray pattern between the 2 nozzles do they both produce a fine mist? And anything else i may need to know thanks so much!

I think both are of a fine quality, and are very reliable companies.

Mistking is obvious. If you want fine mist, that's going to be your choice.

Aquazamp uses a raindome if you like, so that way you can have slight mist, and a rainy effect.

I'd choose by which one has a higher quality pump. You can always swap out the mist/drip head assemblies for whatever suits you.

I use the Aqua Zamp with the Low Profile Raindome. I really like it and my panther usually enjoys the rain effect. His favorite spot is right under the dome and he often "stands up" on his hind legs and drinks the drops that collect on the screen under the dome.

I have not used the Mistking, but I've heard both systems are pretty comparable. We went with the AZ because:
1. Heard nothing but good things about Kevin's customer service and it's true. He is great!
2. We liked that it's made in the USA.
3. We are local to Kevin and were able to pick it up in person, thus saving on shipping costs.
4. He was running a sale which he does from time to time.

Whichever system you get, I highly recommend a Raindome since I think it provides a more natural effect than just mist. *I know you are considering a new cage too. A Raindome does take up a fair amount of cage top real-estate. Our Forever cage is a bit crammed with the Raindome, UVB, and basking lights. Just something for you to consider since you are trying to decide on a cage size too. If you wanted a Raindome, it can be done with the Forever cage, but you'd have more space to work with on the Palace (or 24x24x48).

I agree, the plumbing is all the same 1/4'' plastic tubing, and interchangable.
The pump is the heart of the system, so it's best to get the highest quality.

I use the Aqua Zamp with the Low Profile Raindome. I really like it and my panther usually enjoys the rain effect. His favorite spot is right under the dome and he often "stands up" on his hind legs and drinks the drops that collect on the screen under the dome.

I have not used the Mistking, but I've heard both systems are pretty comparable. We went with the AZ because:
1. Heard nothing but good things about Kevin's customer service and it's true. He is great!
2. We liked that it's made in the USA.
3. We are local to Kevin and were able to pick it up in person, thus saving on shipping costs.
4. He was running a sale which he does from time to time.

Whichever system you get, I highly recommend a Raindome since I think it provides a more natural effect than just mist. *I know you are considering a new cage too. A Raindome does take up a fair amount of cage top real-estate. Our Forever cage is a bit crammed with the Raindome, UVB, and basking lights. Just something for you to consider since you are trying to decide on a cage size too. If you wanted a Raindome, it can be done with the Forever cage, but you'd have more space to work with on the Palace (or 24x24x48).

The low profile raindome by aquazamp does indeed take up a lot of space. I could not fit it on top a 18 x 36'' cage, but okay with a 24 x 48.

The rain nozzle attachment from mistking is much smaller, and I would recommend that one for a 18 x 36 inch'er, though it only has one spray nozzle, where the low profile rain dome has two, you can still "daisy-chain" as many rain nozzles as you want. You can also adjust the nozzle height on the rain nozzle attachment. This is great because it can compensate for screen mesh size and also make the rain drops larger (by increasing the height) or smaller (by lowering it).
You can also make your own rain dome with a few 1/4'' unions some 1/4'' tubing, and a nozzle or two.
All the parts and plumbing are interchangable.
So, you can buy a aquazamp system, and connect mistking's rain nozzle if you want.

Ok so the aquazamp cage nozzles dont produce a fine mist is that what ur saying cause u can get both the rain dome and regular nozzles too?

The AZ nozzles also create a fine mist, but in the Raindome setup they are placed inside of a dome. The mist sprays down and some of it hits the sides of the dome and runs down in the form of larger drops. With the Raindome you get a bit of mist and rain together, but with just the regular nozzles you only get mist. The mist nozzles on the AZ and Mistking systems are similar, but with a slightly different water output I believe. I don't know how the Mistking Raindome works, but they have one too.

Here's a picture of my guy enjoying his dome. As you can see it produces both the fine mist and the large droplets.

Attachments

• rain.jpg
    rain.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 135
Back
Top Bottom