Mistking nozzle issues

Andee

Chameleon Enthusiast
I'm looking at replacing my mistking nozzle I went too long without cleaning it, it seems and the clog that seems to exist in it or whatever is causing the problem does not seem fixable. So should I just buy another mistking nozzle or should I buy a different one?

I just buy new ones. I run two nozzles in my enclosure so I buy a dual head and pop off the nozzles to hook into mine. Cheaper to buy the dual too than two separate ones. More then likely the build up in in the actual nozzle and that is why its not spraying clean for you.

Yeah its about time i replaces the nozzle, its the first one i got and i have kept up with maintenance with it so havent needed to replace it but its like 6 or 7 years old i think

Yeah its about time i replaces the nozzle, its the first one i got and i have kept up with maintenance with it so havent needed to replace it but its like 6 or 7 years old i think
I looked into the cleaner stuff. But honestly it scared me using that on something that would be holding his drinking water lol. So I decided replacement was safer.

Oh i just use a vinegar and water solution. And then rinse really well and let air dry

Oh i just use a vinegar and water solution. And then rinse really well and let air dry
Have you disassembled the mist head assemblies and clean the inner filter screen? Whenever mine start to spray weird, this has usually been the issue.

I dont think i can do that with mine? There is no way to unscrew the head piece other than several inches up?

Haven't been on in a while but I did post a while back about my discovery of MistKing spray nozzles being serviceable. Now I'm deciding to do a tutorial.

So if you notice your spray nozzles aren't spraying right, before you go buy new ones, try to service them.

So first things first is tools needed:
-Hands
-1/2" wrench
-Tweezers
-Small Brush

Firstly, remove the spray nozzle assembly. You can take as much of the swivel section as you want, doesn't matter.

View attachment 230848

Then using the 1/2" wrench as shown, remove nozzle head assembly from nozzle body.

View attachment 230850

At this point you should have this.

View attachment 230851

Then using the tweezers, carefully remove the screen located in the spray head assembly.

View attachment 230852

The all important screen.

View attachment 230853

At this point, using water and a small brush to clean the inside dome of the screen of debris.

Clean screen.

View attachment 230854

Reinsert screen into spray head assembly. Position like so and push in using your fingertip.

View attachment 230855

Hand tighten spray head assembly back into spray head body.

View attachment 230856

Using 1/2" wrench, lightly tighten spray head assembly until you achieve alignment you had before disassembling, reinstall spray assembly and fire up your system to see if spray is restored. If this doesn't work, then replace your spray nozzles.

Regards,
Jevin Wutzke
I found out they can be taken apart and have a small screen hidden inside that can get clogged.

Unfortunately just the pictures. I can try doing a video soon as I'll have to clean mine in preperation for going bioactive. Also don't have the best camera equipment, but I'm willing to try.

Don't rush, I likely will replace these ones and then work on cleaning as often as possible so I would appreciate and pics or video you can send <3

I have pictures, just realized that in a qoute pictures don't load like they do in the original. I'll post the hyperlink to the guide here.

was able to get the cap off and screen clean, letting it soak in some vinegar and water solution before I rinse and brush the last bit of crud off and test it again <3 I will let everyone know how it goes. Thanks so much @Jevin

I don't understand why your nozzles need so much cleaning unless you're using tap water—which you shouldn't be. Distilled or RO water ONLY through a MistKing. In time, this will wear on your pump as well.

From the MistKing manual, page 39:
Use only Reverse Osmosis or de-mineralized water.
Using tap water or water filtered though a small kitchen
filter will still have minerals present which will eventually
distort the misting pattern or clog the super fine nozzle
opening.

And from page 45:
12. Which water to use?
We always recommend using de-mineralised water for use in our systems. Reverse
Osmosis (RO) is ideal and is commonly used and sold as filtered drinking water. Using
tap, well, spring, or water treated by pitcher or faucet filters won't prevent the minerals
from depositing in the nozzles, and aside from improving the taste, do nothing else.

There was no calcification just algae build up. Once cleaned it misted fine. It happens. But i use tap water because i either have to buy large amounts of RO which i go through a minimum of a gallon every 2 days if not more. Since i cannot put in a filter due to renting. I would rather clean regularly or have to buy a new 10.00 nozzle every few years than spend hundreds of dollars a year on RO water. When i could be putting that towards new plants, vet care expenses, supplements, feeders that i cant raise myself.

Back
Top Bottom