Misting system...in the works

congrats you have managed to over complicate watering lizards !guess we are building rocket ships :p:p just joking

If it ain't broke... there's gotta be a way to complicate it.... "The don't fix it" line just doesn't work for me:rolleyes: It apparently doesn't work for Summoner either. Sorry not sure of your real name, should know it by now with all the recent PM'S though.

Howdy Kevin,

Neat stuff :). Now if you could just run an underground line to my house. That way I could tell people that my water has been "Zamped" :D.

ROFL, I was thinking more like....

100700-81052-professor-frink_large.gif

:D Let us know how it works Kevin. :)

I got this spy photo of Kevin hard at work on the cage lighting system.....

-Jay:D

Howdy Kevin,

Neat stuff :). Now if you could just run an underground line to my house. That way I could tell people that my water has been "Zamped" :D.

Your gonna need a booster pump...... Can't IMAGINE the pressure drop across a 30 miles 1/4" tube :eek::D

BTW I hope to have this at the meeting for some show and tell.... even though its still only operating on my 'old' misting control... not the new one :eek:.

OK... so I didn't bring the system to the meeting. Partly because it would be a pain to bring with the short amount of time I have between driving home from work, loading up bugs and driving 55 miles to the meeting...... and Dave had a way cooler lecture going on about proper lighting for our reptiles. :D

BUT I have been using the system the last two weeks. This thing kicks butt.

I operate four beige misting heads (the Herpmist kind) for 15 minutes on one valve and five other misting heads for 10 minutes on another valve. The two valves turn on at the same time, then the 10 minute valve shuts off and the 15 minute valve stops five minutes later..... make sense? Well during this misting cycle the RO tank drains to a pressure where the RO booster pump and valve turn on and start the RO process, refilling the tank. This starts about 5 minutes after the cycle begins and runs for another 15 minutes after the cycle ends. So it takes about 25 minutes to refill the tank each cycle the first time it fires up in the morning. Because every 1.5 hours I operate the 4 beige misting nozzles for 2 minutes between the main misting cycles the tank has less water in it for the next 'main' misting cycle.... so the tank takes a little more time to fill, after the main misting cycles the rest of the day than the first cycle of the day... but not much time.

In other words...... it takes 25-30 minutes to process the amount of RO water used in 15 minutes of misting. :rolleyes:

Right now I am not operating a booster pump to drive the nozzles... Right now they operate on tank pressure. I think the water usage will go up once I have the pump running. Ill report back when my replacement pump arrives :D

DAMN! that's some high tech setup! Question what hose are you using? I'm out of the hose from mist king but want to pick some up locally.

DAMN! that's some high tech setup! Question what hose are you using? I'm out of the hose from mist king but want to pick some up locally.

I got my hose from the company I got my RO stuff from. They are not local. You can get by with Home Depot hose if you need to. Marty will be at the show in San Diego.... I think he has a booth so you can pick some hose up from him in less than a month.

I got my hose from the company I got my RO stuff from. They are not local. You can get by with Home Depot hose if you need to. Marty will be at the show in San Diego.... I think he has a booth so you can pick some hose up from him in less than a month.

Awesome! Not sure if I'm going to make the SD show but we will see. some how my hose moved and was on my heat lamp and that lead to it melting and guess what the water turned on and I had a nice 6 foot water fountain :D

Awesome! Not sure if I'm going to make the SD show but we will see. some how my hose moved and was on my heat lamp and that lead to it melting and guess what the water turned on and I had a nice 6 foot water fountain :D

Did you throw in some pennies for good luck?

Did you throw in some pennies for good luck?

LOL I should of with all that damn water I had spraying everywhere :eek: Thank god whatever water fell in the cage went right down my handy new drainage system but the carpet was soaked :( had to get out my carpet cleaner to soak up the water. 5 minutes and 12 quarts of water later it was a water park in the room.

LOL I should of with all that damn water I had spraying everywhere :eek: Thank god whatever water fell in the cage went right down my handy new drainage system but the carpet was soaked :( had to get out my carpet cleaner to soak up the water. 5 minutes and 12 quarts of water later it was a water park in the room.

Honestly I am not running my Mist King pump with the system at the moment because I am worried about breaking a hose. I want to change all the hose I have over to the new stuff and I want to be home for a couple of days to monitor the system. I know it will all blow up when I am not home but I still want to do a couple of test runs while I am home.

Is that a Raymond fleet? I was certified many years ago and used to drive their picker lifts and side loaders. Fun stuff!

Great work on the mister. Reminds me of the days of setting up my reef tank. :)

Luis

Is that a Raymond fleet? I was certified many years ago and used to drive their picker lifts and side loaders. Fun stuff!

Great work on the mister. Reminds me of the days of setting up my reef tank. :)

Luis

All of the black and beige trucks are Crown Lift Trucks.

The orange and black are Toyota's.

I used to work for Crown, went through all the factory training stuff.... Glad I am not there anymore.... they cut everyone's pay 10% and if there isn't any work you go home early...... Luckily where I work now we are still growing (not double digits at the moment... but still growing) so they only get mad when we do overtime... but we don't need to unless something big fails.... and that doesn't happen often... (we're that good :D)

And thanks, can't wait till it is done... :D

got some work done today on the water temp controls....

IMG_0155.jpg

LED indicator for the cold water valve

IMG_0156.jpg

A blue LED for cold and a red LED for hot....:D

IMG_0159.jpg

I am still waiting on some temp sensors from China... The ones I have right now don't give me a Fahrenheit reading, just a value. The ones en route are the correct ones and should be here soon. When they get here I will give this sucker a spin on the test bench... Hook it up to the taps and do some logic programming :eek:

got some work done today on the water temp controls....

IMG_0155.jpg

LED indicator for the cold water valve

IMG_0156.jpg

A blue LED for cold and a red LED for hot....:D

IMG_0159.jpg

I am still waiting on some temp sensors from China... The ones I have right now don't give me a Fahrenheit reading, just a value. The ones en route are the correct ones and should be here soon. When they get here I will give this sucker a spin on the test bench... Hook it up to the taps and do some logic programming :eek:

Ok seriously, HOLY HELL this is insanely HIGH TECH! i read this whole thread up and down prolly 3 times and i still am lost. You are amazingly good at that technical stuff. BIG props man.

Back
Top Bottom