Misting system vibrations

ChameLeon_

I've tested my misting system on complete cage recently, and it gives off fairly loud vibrations. Question is, won't the veiled chamelon mind? It's an offbrand misting system, not a mist king. I've tried lifting the pump itself while turned on, but it didn't reduce the vibrations significantly. I think the vibrations are coming through the tubing, everywhere it touches the wooden base of the cage it vibrates a lot and makes some noise. I'm worried it might scare my future chameleon once started. I tried gluing the tube to all the places it touches the frame of the cage, but it didn't help either. Maybe if i make sure the tubing doesn't touch the cage at all, it will help? How loud are y'all's misting systems? Thanks in advance!

I can not even hear my mistking system other than the pump kicking on. Mistking does make tube clamps that screw into the cage frame to mount your tube. I did this. Because yes without it your tubing will rattle with the pressure. But since you do not have a mistking I would not know how you could make it better. If gluing it down did nothing then tube clamps probably wouldn't either.

Yes, vibration can bother the cham and cause stress.

I can not even hear my mistking system other than the pump kicking on. Mistking does make tube clamps that screw into the cage frame to mount your tube. I did this. Because yes without it your tubing will rattle with the pressure. But since you do not have a mistking I would not know how you could make it better. If gluing it down did nothing then tube clamps probably wouldn't either.

Yes, vibration can bother the cham and cause stress.
Thanks for the tip and advice as always. I can hear the water spraying through nozzles clearly and also the tubing rattling.. I'll then have to solve it somehow, i wouldn't like to bother cham with noise twice every day. Maybe making sure the tube doesn't touch the cage at all could help, maybe noise won't bother him as much as vibrations would.

My pump broke, so i replaced it with a huge RO booster pump. The thing needed reducer fittings just to connect to the misting system. The world sounding like it was coming to an end the next room over. Cham could care less.

My pump broke, so i replaced it with a huge RO booster pump. The thing needed reducer fittings just to connect to the misting system. The world sounding like it was coming to an end the next room over. Cham could care less.
Glad to hear they don't mind noise! Just to find a way how to reduce those vibrations..

if you secure the tubing to your stand below the enclosure that helps a lot. I used zip ties and Velcro straps.

Thanks for the tip and advice as always. I can hear the water spraying through nozzles clearly and also the tubing rattling.. I'll then have to solve it somehow, i wouldn't like to bother cham with noise twice every day. Maybe making sure the tube doesn't touch the cage at all could help, maybe noise won't bother him as much as vibrations would.
So the noise is not going to matter... Rattling the cage will.

I sort of diy those too, hot glued the tube to the cage so it doesn't rattle and move freely, still makes some noise. I'll try and mount it to the wall that's behind the cage so it doesn't touch the wood anywhere.

Alright, thanks! So first order of business will be mounting the pump on a wall behind the cage and make sure all the tubing is not touching the cage as well.

Mine was bastically the tub the kitty litter comes in, and the pump was spring mounted on the lid. So the combo with the tub full of water kinda helped keep things down. As others stated, you never want to mount the pump to the cage. They might not care about the flopping black hoses and the noise, but the cage rattling might be more of a concern considering you want them to drink....

I have an off brand as well and it’s pretty quiet unless it runs out of water.
How’s the nozzle connections? Only other thing I can think of.

I have an off brand as well and it’s pretty quiet unless it runs out of water.
How’s the nozzle connections? Only other thing I can think of.
The pump itself isn't that loud, when it's running and i lift it up there's barely any difference in noise. Water spraying through nozzles makes some noise but that's norm i think, big pressure and small amount lf water pushing through tiny hole in the nozzle. What makes most of the vibrations and noise i think is the tubing, it's like it's vibrating wherever it's touching the cage. I've even glued the whole tubing down to the cage so it doesn't move freely and ratlle, but still vibrates a lot.

The pump itself isn't that loud, when it's running and i lift it up there's barely any difference in noise. Water spraying through nozzles makes some noise but that's norm i think, big pressure and small amount lf water pushing through tiny hole in the nozzle. What makes most of the vibrations and noise i think is the tubing, it's like it's vibrating wherever it's touching the cage. I've even glued the whole tubing down to the cage so it doesn't move freely and ratlle, but still vibrates a lot.
Maybe get a thin piece of foam and put between the hose and the enclosure? Or string the hose through a pool noodle😂

I just wanted to add that the rubber grommets on the mounting plate are designed to reduce vibration. Many people over tighten the screws, which compresses the rubber grommets and renders them ineffective. Soft rubber = less vibration than hard compressed rubber. Stop smashing your grommets people!

Back
Top Bottom