Minor chameleons

Maybe stupid question, but what ARE the intentions of this import?

I assume to establish the species among select breeders?

Not trying to offend anyone. I don't have a problem with the shipment. I originally put something that might have been offensive to some.

Last edited:
wooow that's absurd and completely untrue not to mention totally against this communities mission statement.

I personally have countless examples of this CF community putting a species above the all mighty dollar.

Jason

I don't know that I believe it is given everyone's track record, or even that it's relevant since it has nothing to do with the intentions of this import.

Stan
Thank you as that is EXACTLY our intent.

Then my next stupid question would be, how are you going to determine who is qualified to breed?
Surely someone with more $$ than brains can buy breeding pairs, then kill them through ignorance!?

wooow that's absurd and completely untrue not to mention totally against this communities mission statement.

I personally have countless examples of this CF community putting a species above the all mighty dollar.

Jason

Jason I'm not sure if this was directed towards me or not but if it was I think you misunderstood my statement. I meant it's not the intention to breed to reintroduce them to the wild.

Also, I'm not sure what you mean regarding money. I said I couldn't and wouldn't afford them, but don't fault others for doing so. Not only that, I think it will be cool to see them come in.

I'll just enjoy them through other peoples pics ;)

Jason

What is this communities mission statement?

Then my next stupid question would be, how are you going to determine who is qualified to breed?
Surely someone with more $$ than brains can buy breeding pairs, then kill them through ignorance!?

Stan
Not a stupid question at all!!!!
I am trying to talk to people with the most experience I can. I have had quite a few inquiries about these,had people ready to purchase and felt it was not in the best interest of the chameleon or the potential buyer so I have declined to sell.
There are two members of this forum that could attest to that as they are two of those I declined to sell to. Understandably they may not wish to come forward with this information but it happened none the less.
I have commitments to purchase from others on this forum that I feel are experienced keepers and breeders and am working with still others to see if they can get prepared to properly keep and breed this magnificent animal.
One thing I do without exception is to keep confidential who and what people purchase from me. Without the purchasers permission I do not share this type of information with anyone else.
To this fact there are MANY who can post here that they have asked me what others have purchased and I told them I could not share that information.
I have been asked to keep those purchases confidential and as always I will do just that.
For the record I have more buyers then animals so I am doing my best to find the most qualified to get them.
Steve

Stan
I am trying to talk to people with the most experience I can. I have had quite a few inquiries about these,had people ready to purchase and felt it was not in the best interest of the chameleon or the potential buyer so I have declined to sell.
There are two members of this forum that could attest to that as they are two of those I declined to sell to. Understandably they may not wish to come forward with this information but it happened none the less.
I have commitments to purchase from others on this forum that I feel are experienced keepers and breeders and am working with still others to see if they can get prepared to properly keep and breed this magnificent animal.
One thing I do without exception is to keep confidential who and what people purchase from me. Without the purchasers permission I do not share this type of information with anyone else.
To this fact there are MANY who can post here that they have asked me what others have purchased and I told them I could not share that information.
I have been asked to keep those purchases confidential and as always I will do just that.
For the record I have more buyers then animals so I am doing my best to find the most qualified to get them.
Steve

If this is doubted, I am living proof. I will not be owning a pair of minors.:(

Sounds like Steve has a good plan to me.
I know lots of us would love to see this species available in the US someday, before they dissapear from Madagascar.

At the rate they are going, the only forests left in a few years will be protected National parks.

Spending a few hours on Google Earth scanning Madagascar was pretty scary.

I can also say that Steve has been pretty particular about who is going to be able to purchase them.

Carl

How is someone who has been in the hobby for two years the best judge of another keepers abilities?

Are you suggesting that the date at which someone joined this site is an indication of their experience level or when they started in this hobby?

How is someone who has been in the hobby for two years the best judge of another keepers abilities?

Trace
I have been keeping and collecting Herps of all kinds starting a a young child in 1965.
20 years ago I had two exotic retail pet stores as well as a 6800 square foot wholesale and breeding facility.
I was out of the hobby for some time due to taking a corporate position that required extensive travel.
I got back into the hobby just a few years ago but that does not have any indication of my experience.
Due to an illness some years ago and the treatment of that illness I had to re learn and educate myself as my memory was severely affected. I say that not to draw any sympathy but that was the life changing event that made me realize I needed to get back to what I loved most.... Exotic animals and chameleons specially.
I have had and kept hundreds of Chameleons during my life time and I also have several old gray beards like myself to draw experience from.

To clarify I have been in this hobby for 45 plus years and feel confident in my ability to help someone determine weather or not they are prepared to handle this or any other species of chameleon.
Steve

Not in the least.

I am sorry then, I most of misunderstood your response.

I assumed since Steve had mentioned that he was determining who we would sell these too, and that he has been on this site for 2 years, that you meant him having been in the hobby for a couple of years.

Thanks!

Yeah I guess that I did miss understood your post, I’m sorry :) . I took it as if you were implying that it's all chameleon hobbyist track record to focus on money over species.

Just like everyone else, I've been following Jürgen’s progress with anticipation for some time. I've been saving, selling, and trading knowing that this day was coming. It would be an honor to be one of the lucky few who get to raise and breed a pair.

Jason

Jason I'm not sure if this was directed towards me or not but if it was I think you misunderstood my statement. I meant it's not the intention to breed to reintroduce them to the wild.

Also, I'm not sure what you mean regarding money. I said I couldn't and wouldn't afford them, but don't fault others for doing so. Not only that, I think it will be cool to see them come in.

I'll just enjoy them through other peoples pics ;)

Just like everyone else, I've been following Jürgen’s progress with anticipation for some time. I've been saving, selling, and trading knowing that this day was coming. It would be an honor to be one of the lucky few who get to raise and breed a pair.

Jason

Just make sure you post lots of photos because I'm going to be living vicariously through yours' and everyone else's pics who is planning on working with them.

That goes for Bobby and Steve too. Maybe some day-but not now, and not on my budget-haha.

Stan
Steve

I can assure anyone who has asked Steve any information as far as who bought what has never been divulged without the customers permission. I bought pardalis from Steve in the last shipment, and asked who else bought some so i could share photos and see the progress of the others that came in. He told me that some individuals don't want their info given out, which is understandable. A few of us have found each other on our own by posting photos here and on Facebook. But Steve has never given any names of anyone who bought animals from him unless that individual expressed that it was ok.

Back
Top Bottom