Mesh cage

joseofsa

wow $60+ usd(unless the sign means euros then its an ok price)!! we can get them for $22 usd about 10 gbp. if thats a good price in the uk go for it i have them(22 gallon) for my chams.

Kazza

Hehe, it'll be Euro's, it £22.99 GBP which would be roughly $35??? ( UK is always more expensive than USA :( )

Do you think the 38 gallon will be too big? :)

blood4eva69

i think that would be too big for you 8 week old chameleon. i my honest opinion u need one around 20''tall18''wide 12''deep

Kazza

The 22 gallon is 14.5" x 14.5" x 25", that's about the same size as what she's in now - i'll be better with that one then :)

Thanx :)

blood4eva69

sorry kazzai just read the pm. yea that one will be good just make sure she has enough plants and vines to me her stay away from the mesh.

Kazza

Cool :)

I'm going to buy lots of real plants when i get this cage, should i get the tray for underneath too?

I've got the reptile carpet, another lamp with a 60w bulb and a nice big selection of bugs - just bought some indian walking sticks :)

blood4eva69

yea u will need to set up a drainage system that works for you. what i do is i drop water in the leave (like rain) and i have a dish covered with mesh to catch the water and i empty it out every day with a hose. but like i said to wat works for you

Julirs

I started my Veiled out in this cage at 2 months with the breeder's blessing. It has worked out fine. I have the plastic liner that has good and bad points. I am wiping up water with paper towels, but it is easy to clean once a week with a hose. I hand-sprayer mist my guy 3X daily for 5 minutes, and even that produces alot of water. You will need a good UVB light because the mesh is dark and blocks light. I use a Zoomed 10.0, and because of the dark mesh, it is not easy to see into the cage unless it is well lit.

Kazza

Great advise, thanx guys ;) :D

I've got a good supply of paper towels lol - using them in my stick insect tank, much easier & cheaper than substrate.

Now ( please don't shout at me ) i was thinking of putting my mealworms in the same tank as the stick insects - is this a good idea or will the worms eat them? It's just a space saving idea :confused:

Brad Ramsey

Retired Moderator
Why not contain the worms to a small plastic container that you can set in there. I have 3 types of worms in one drawer but they are seperated this way

-Brad

Last edited:

Kazza

That's i good idea, i can put all of my bugs in there like that - there's plenty of room. :)

Thanks Brad

Crazy eyez

Vivarium..

Hey there, I just recently purchased a Chameleon. Itl ives in a home-made glass Viv just now roughly 14" x 16". I know I need a mesh/screened viv but funds are low just now - Will he be ok for maybe a few more weeks?
He's a Vieled Chameleon about 5inch long to base of tail.

Cheers much. Chris.

Top Bottom