Mentorship

Kaizen

Chameleon Enthusiast
Ok, so I’m gonna officially get a list together. I think we ought to have a short simple list of criteria for mentorship. Here’s my pitch:

everyone and anyone interested in mentorship should answer this thread. After 1 week, I’ll start a pm and tag everyone who responded. Over the next week, I’ll propose a tentative list of criteria for being a mentor, everyone will vote on it, and bob’s your uncle! It’ll be a referral based program. What do ya think?

Ok, so I’m gonna officially get a list together. I think we ought to have a short simple list of criteria for mentorship. Here’s my pitch:

everyone and anyone interested in mentorship should answer this thread. After 1 week, I’ll start a pm and tag everyone who responded. Over the next week, I’ll propose a tentative list of criteria for being a mentor, everyone will vote on it, and bob’s your uncle! It’ll be a referral based program. What do ya think?

Sounds good! Only one snag - max number of people for a convo is 5, last I checked! I know this from experience. :oops:

I am not in a position right now where I can be of any help. Good luck though. FYI you are only aloud a private PM of 5 members within the forum. Unless you move it to the Lizard lounge.
Thanks B! How’s your new furry non-reptilian baby? And how’s Beman?

I’m only 6 months in to keeping veiled females with no other previous reptile experience...but I’m more than happy to share what I do know and not too proud to summon experienced keepers when needed. :)
Skittles,
You and I are both short on the years of experience, but humble enough to know what we don’t know. Sorry, I think I just bragged about being humble...um...is that contradictory? Anyways, I’d love to have you on the list of folks willing to help with this.

I think it's a great idea. The forums often get a lot of repeated introductory questions I feel like we could make some stickys to make life easier (gut load / feeder graphics , what equipment is optimal uvb basics using linear vs coil... ) I'm happy to chip in on these and help newer members and keepers having only had my chameleon for a year I cannot offer deep insights on some of the finer details of husbandry. I learned what I know from chameleon breeder podcast and from searching and conversing here on the forums ... Again love the idea.

I lack the experience to offer much but would love to be considered as a young grasshopper open to being mentored. I'm having a hard time with my panther between things in work/ personal life and with seasonal nonsense and the recent drop in temps. It just feels like there isn't enough time in the day.

Sure I'm not the only one feeling this way.

Back
Top Bottom