Melleri sleep coloring change

Myerz77

Tonight for the first time since i've had him, since last wednesday he is sleeping at a very light yellow color, lighter than the normal light green color, should i be concerned?

Good normal color, eats well, drinks well, and uses the facilities well, all around really good, so far anyways, again thx for any info

77 at the moment, i get off work at 5 , so i let our house get up to 73 via the furnace, then i set his limb in the shower at around 6 and get the shower water right then let him shower for as long as he likes it and don't climb, i might be doing the shower thing to close to his bedtime at 7 maybe.

Well, you would probably want him to be able to dry and also for his core temp to rise a bit before bedding him down for the night. So, a 6PM shower and 7PM lights out might be too close together. If he gets a long shower, and then his temps plunge right afterwards, I would be concerned about him developing a respiratory ailment. But those are just my thoughts, not based on any experience.

What is the coldest his ambient temps get at night? And how old/large is he?

Last edited:
Sounds fine. My Meller's also show variations of coloration when at rest and asleep. Their's change almost daily, it seems. It may be a Melleri thing.

Have you studied the MelleriDiscovery.com site? It has gobs of detailed guidance and anecdotal information.

today he is a normal light green and yellow stripes color, yes i love that website, it's great, i'm building a cage like theirs tommorrow for him, that should make shower sessions less or optional, thanks for your time i think i'm on the right path with him now :)

Tonight he took a long shower and didn't fuss or climb too much, i was so happy peaking around the bathroom doorway, to see him drinking 3 times during his 45 minute shower, he was green not stressed for the first time. It normally lasts 15 minutes because he gets stressed. and i used a reptisun bulb that's too hot for all day, 75 watt, off the local "jack the prices" pet store. Just long enough that he was dried out and good and warm, then he fell right to sleep and is again the light shade of yellow. But i think he's good to go, i wonder if since he's eating very well and drinking really well if it might be due to gaining size and getting ready to shed, looking forward to your plethera of hard to find knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom