Cuban false chameleon suddenly dark brown? Pls help!

Edamame

Hi, I’ve had this little guy for roughly 4-5 months. He’s never really been a big eater but he’s always willing to try new things. I’m not sure if anyone has experience on them, but my other falsie is in its normal colors and Ali (the problem child) has been a darker brown color for about two weeks now. I’ll picture them both. I also think it make be because of the difference in their enclosures too? His is very very brown and his brothers is very light and green. The second picture is him before the color change. He is a little lighter today but still dark. Any thoughts? Also substantially smaller than his brother but that’s been since day 1. (they do not live together and they can’t see each other at all, I put them close for pictures sake.)

Attachments

• IMG_4590.jpeg
    IMG_4590.jpeg
    154 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_3964.jpeg
    IMG_3964.jpeg
    130.1 KB · Views: 68
Hi so I know absolutely know nothing about them are you sure they are both male , how do their enclosure vary

Hi. I too know nothing about them. However, usually when a lizard darkens it is trying to better absorb heat or uvb and the reverse for when they are lightened up…getting too much heat and/or uvb. Until someone comes along who knows about them and can offer help, I’d suggest checking temps, uvb lights and basking distances, and all other aspects of husbandry to ensure all is correct.

Hi so I know absolutely know nothing about them are you sure they are both male , how do their enclosure vary
I know they’re both males because of the enlarged scales near their cloaca. They both have the same tank size just different set ups, his brother’s is bright greens and tropical whereas Ali’s is more brown/dark greenish forest looking. I actually came back upstairs and he was back to his normal colors.

Oh my y’all ✋😔 I think I know why now. He could see my Veiled chameleon and was probably stressed tf out. I only noticed bc i covered her so she can lay her eggs in peace and when I came upstairs, Ali was at the top basking and in his healthy colors.
Not 100% sure but possible

Oh my y’all ✋😔 I think I know why now. He could see my Veiled chameleon and was probably stressed tf out. I only noticed bc i covered her so she can lay her eggs in peace and when I came upstairs, Ali was at the top basking and in his healthy colors
Obviously the temps uv and everything is the same ,could there be something that is stress related

Lol yeah this whole thing

Back
Top Bottom