Melleri Room Finished!

What a great room! You obviously put a LOT of planning and $$ into it. Your melleri will have the best home on the planet!

Congratulations!

Sandy

Thanks again for the nice comments. I do love the room more and more now that it's done. I thought I would never get it finished.

Deb what kind of floor do you have in the room? I keep looking to see if I can copy your room, it is just too cool.

Hey Laurie - The floors are hardwood. But in the "splash zone" I put down an indoor/outdoor carpet. Underneath it I have a plastic tarp so that no water will seep through it onto the floor. Underneath that, I have a thick piece of felt that lays against the floor so that it won't get scratched.

Deb what kind of floor do you have in the room? I keep looking to see if I can copy your room, it is just too cool.

i believe those are flood tables. you can get them at hydroponic stores. the one i have is 6 foot by 4 foot. you can also buy drains for them and put them wherever you like. i just used a few shims to angle it slightly to one corner. works great.

I am freakin blown away O.O Amazing, amazing, and amazing!
Thanks so much!

i believe those are flood tables. you can get them at hydroponic stores. the one i have is 6 foot by 4 foot. you can also buy drains for them and put them wherever you like. i just used a few shims to angle it slightly to one corner. works great.

Oh! You meant the Grow Trays! Sorry, I thought you meant the actual floor. They are "Tray Huggers" and come in all sizes. They are great. Mine is 6'6" x 3'6" x 8" each. I got them at a hydroponics store pretty close by. And you can install the drain anywhere. I have been using one downstairs for Phineas' FR for well over a year and they work great and are easy to keep clean. You just need a place to drain them. Dakoda5 is right - just angle them slightly whichever way you want them to drain.

Here's their link: http://www.trayhugger.com/category/grow-trays/

Deb

This is the coolest setup I have seen yet! Vary ingenious

Thanks! It took about 1 1/2 years to get done. - I'm slow and ran into permit issues (NJ)! It was all worth it though. The Mellers seem to be adjusting well and using every inch of the room!

Deb

Holy Moly, that room is no joke! Nice! Careful the DEA doesn't bust your door down one of these days. Imagine the look on their faces though. Been there, done that. :p

But nice! Do you have a blog or anything documenting the process or why you chose certain things? I know it is a time consuming process to make but I am sure, not including myself, a lot of us would love to gleam that information off of you.

Love the closet setup for the feeders too. Get's my mind working...and it looks very organized as well.

Holy Moly, that room is no joke! Nice! Careful the DEA doesn't bust your door down one of these days. Imagine the look on their faces though. Been there, done that. :p

But nice! Do you have a blog or anything documenting the process or why you chose certain things? I know it is a time consuming process to make but I am sure, not including myself, a lot of us would love to gleam that information off of you.

Love the closet setup for the feeders too. Get's my mind working...and it looks very organized as well.

Thanks so much for the kind words! I don't have anything written about the process. I just got a picture in my head of what I wanted (from ideas on this forum!) and then went with it. My picture changed lots of times and some things didn't quite work the way I wanted, but it finally took shape. In fact, some things have changed since I posted these photos! It's an ever changing "living" room!

I would be more than happy to let you know how I did things, but a lot of things were done by electricians and plumbers! I'm handy, but not insured, bonded and certified!

It's nice to hear your excitement about a project. I LOVED doing this - it was great fun. Now it's a wonderful place to visit and tweak!

DEA - that's funny.

Mocuba's First Day

Mocuba Enjoying The View And Morning Sun

Mocuba Sizing Things Up

Medjumbe Finding A Spot To Sleep On Her First Night

Basking In Their Own Spots

Mocuba Hogging The Light

Passing By Each Other

Sharing The Spotlight

Mocuba Climbed Into The Closet When I Was Organizing Things

Getting Ready For A Good Night's Rest

Mocuba Exploring The Floor

Mocuba Changing His Mind

Mocuba Enjoying The Warm Water

Mocuba REALLY Enjoying The Warm Water

Mocuba Reacting To A Visit From My Panther

Mocuba Snuggling In For The Night

Mocuba In The Foreground; Medjumbe In The Background

Medjumbe Enjoying The Warm Water

That is awesome! What are the green rods you used (the ones with the little bumps on 'em) and where can they be purchased?

:eek: I am TOTALLY jealous! Not just of the room, but the Mellers too. I saw one "live and in person" for the first time the other day at a local store, and just fell in love with this species!

Your two are definitely in chameleon heaven! They look extremely healthy and happy. Amazing job. I can only dream of having a couple of Mellers myself some day, not to mention a room like that. Wow!

Thanks for posting these great pictures!!

They are obviously loving their new living space :) That has to be so satisfying to you after all that hard work...

That is awesome! What are the green rods you used (the ones with the little bumps on 'em) and where can they be purchased?

The green rods are from Lowe's. They are in the garden center with all the stakes. They come in two thicknesses and are eight feet long. They're metal covered in plastic. They are pretty easy to cut, also!

Words can not describe how jealous i am right now... RIGHT ON!

Thanks. I am continually working on it and trying to improve things!

:eek: I am TOTALLY jealous! Not just of the room, but the Mellers too. I saw one "live and in person" for the first time the other day at a local store, and just fell in love with this species!

Your two are definitely in chameleon heaven! They look extremely healthy and happy. Amazing job. I can only dream of having a couple of Mellers myself some day, not to mention a room like that. Wow!

Thanks! I really like Melleri, too! Mocuba is happy for sure. Medjumbe is slowly warming up. She went through a lot more health problems and manhandling than Mocuba.

Thanks for posting these great pictures!!

They are obviously loving their new living space :) That has to be so satisfying to you after all that hard work...

Well, satisfied is a relative term. All that room and Medjumbe decides to sleep on one of the electrical cords! So I added four more vines for them and one specifically where Medjumbe was sleeping. It's been three days and they are still "fighting" over who gets which vines! Medjumbe started claiming the vines for herself before I was even done getting them secured. I guess it's kind of funny - but aren't there enough vines in there to share? Obviously not!

Wow just wow, I think that's by far the best indoors free roam setup I've ever seen. Great job on that, not gonna lie pretty jealous of your setup. I'm sure your mellers love it.

Back
Top Bottom