Matt Vanilla Gorilla Purchased Thread (Nuts Over Chameleons)

Jesspete

Avid Member
Sounded like there are a lot of @Matt Vanilla Gorilla well loved babies out there, so I wanted to see a thread of all his lovelies.

We currently have five of his Ambanja eggs, laid in early September 2018.

About an hour ago, we received our 3 month old Ambilobe panther from Matt and Jessica. Sire is Skittles, and the Dam's sire is Rainbow Delight. He was hatched July 2018.

We haven't picked a name, but when I opened him up, his pajamas were GORGEOUS! Link to unboxing video, and him eating within 90 seconds of being out of his box.

Excuse the temporary enclosure. To take delivery this early in the am, I had him come to my office, and he needs to be comfy till quitting time.

Matt and Jessica, you guys are awesome, and we'll keep you posted on progress of all your babies.

- Unboxing

- Eating right out of the gate.

44166195_296769964273734_1684647084440944640_n.jpg

44237939_1353892168079128_2614454452588904448_n.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you so much for letting us know that he made it safely! He is so comfortable in your presence! You guys are a match made in heaven!
I am just sitting here astonished. One, he scared me to death. I walked in to peek on him, and he was solid white. I panicked (even though I know they would probably go dark, if dead). As soon as I got close, he moved and his shed started cracking. In just a few hours, he's gone from a tiny bit of shed on his head, to almost fully done. I know that's a sign of good husbandry. Plus, he shed only three days ago, so he's clearly growing.

Two: I've seen so many more colors in him, since unpacking him. Right now he is flexing his mouth a lot, to get the big sheet of skin off, and it has the brightest reds. I can already see more red along his spikes too. He's going to be amazing, and he has such a good attitude. And, he's a pig.

Last edited:
Glad to see one of these get going. Beautiful baby! So awesome! I almost picked one of his Ambanja before I switched to Nosy Be.

Here is a new pic of Merlin. I hope people get this thread filled up. I know there are a lot of Matt's beautiful chameleons's children out there. Come on guys.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20181018_170009.jpg
    MVIMG_20181018_170009.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 263
Last edited:
Sounded like there are a lot of @Matt Vanilla Gorilla well loved babies out there, so I wanted to see a thread of all his lovelies.

We currently have five of his Ambanja eggs, laid in early September 2018.

About an hour ago, we received our 3 month old Ambilobe panther from Matt and Jessica. Sire is Skittles, and the Dam's sire is Rainbow Delight. He was hatched July 2018.

We haven't picked a name, but when I opened him up, his pajamas were GORGEOUS! Link to unboxing video, and him eating within 90 seconds of being out of his box.

Excuse the temporary enclosure. To take delivery this early in the am, I had him come to my office, and he needs to be comfy till quitting time.

Matt and Jessica, you guys are awesome, and we'll keep you posted on progress of all your babies.

- Unboxing

- Eating right out of the gate.

View attachment 215938

View attachment 215939

Equally beautiful cham! No cham left behind for compliments from me when they’re Matt Vanilla Gorilla’s!

20181008_121728.jpg
Regular matress foam works just fine, it holds moisture offers amazing cushioning, the chameleon can breathe through it helps to insulate and create a stable temperature and is real easy for the chameleon to hold on to no matter what exciting games the amazing FedEx employees may choose to play with the box! Not all FedEx employees are cut out of the same material as my FedEx guy Mr. Keith!!! Now he, he is probably cut out of Temperapedic material!

Last edited:
@Chameleon Mike here is a photo if how Merlin arrived. I don't know the exact material so Matt will have to answer that for you. Looks the same as Jesspete but another look I guess.
Thanks. Looks like I may have to change up my shipping practices. I use pillow stuffing on the bottom of the box, chameleon in a reptile bag and a very few newspapers on the top. I didn't use a deli cup by itself because I don't want the chameleons bouncing around in there. I like the foam. Great idea.

OK, this just sounds so wrong :eek: :wideyed: :LOL:...

Of course I just responded here to get updates every time a new baby gets posted, and I couldn't help it... ;)
And I don't even know all their names! @Decadancin you just had to come and hang here when you saw the word "BOX", didn't you! I will never forget how you tortured us with the arrival of your last "baby"! Felt like we would never get to see what was in the BOX!

And I don't even know all their names! @Decadancin you just had to come and hang here when you saw the word "BOX", didn't you! I will never forget how you tortured us with the arrival of your last "baby"! Felt like we would never get to see what was in the BOX!

Ha ha, just be glad I don't have any other enclosures right now :D...

Back
Top Bottom