Matt Vanilla Gorilla Purchased Thread (Nuts Over Chameleons)

I would not reccomend more handling for just any chameleon! The thing is that the chameleons that come from my care are very, very use to handling since the day they hatch. All that needs to happen when they get to their new home is that they have to learn to trust their new owner and bond with them. Handling is just what is needed!

A shot from earlier today.
20190325_090450.jpg

A lot like the birds i work with! Always end on a positive. Great advice. I definitely not afraid of a bite. I had hawks latched on to my bare hand a time or 2.
I'm not as experienced as others here, but my Zeus is much more shy & tentative than Bowie. Bowie loves to be the center of attention. I take that into consideration when working with either of them. I know Zeus is coming from a place of fear when he hisses & gets bitey. I do everything possible to make sure to lessen his fear:use a branch to remove him from the cage, limit hands on time, choose a time later in the afternoon when he is more settled, limit activity in the area, use small movements, reward all handling so it is a good experience.

For Bowie it is totally different since handling is a reward for him. It's amazing how different personalities can be. You have to learn & respect those personalities.

I'm not as experienced as others here, but my Zeus is much more shy & tentative than Bowie. Bowie loves to be the center of attention. I take that into consideration when working with either of them. I know Zeus is coming from a place of fear when he hisses & gets bitey. I do everything possible to make sure to lessen his fear:use a branch to remove him from the cage, limit hands on time, choose a time later in the afternoon when he is more settled, limit activity in the area, use small movements, reward all handling so it is a good experience.

For Bowie it is totally different since handling is a reward for him. It's amazing how different personalities can be. You have to learn & respect those personalities.
Just like human beings everyone is different and saddest part is in the real world out there no one seems to get along perfectly ....how can we be more united first to be more lovable and peaceful ...we are way more intelligent than these 4 legs reptiles we got to be get along someday in someway....

I would not reccomend more handling for just any chameleon! The thing is that the chameleons that come from my care are very, very use to handling since the day they hatch. All that needs to happen when they get to their new home is that they have to learn to trust their new owner and bond with them. Handling is just what is needed!
Because they all have such an amazing grandad.

Back
Top Bottom