Lump above right back leg, help

Hey y'all,
Don't bring happy news =/ I've noticed a protrusion has formed on the back right "hip" of my male veiled chameleon. He is 8 months old and has otherwise been in really good health. He shows no signs of MBD and has a proper supplementation schedule (Cal 5x/week; Multivite + Cal w/d3 once every two week). The lump happened rather suddenly, he was normal one day and then suddenly it was there the next. He still uses the leg with ease. His grip is still super strong and he doesn't show any sign of irritation. I can even poke at it and he acts like nothing has happened (for those of you who don't know, Gizmo is INCREDIBLY tame).
So here are some photos. Let me know what you guys think it is!

Finally something I might have knowledge on. My veiled female has the sam thing on her right Side but closer to the tail which caused great concern and worry but she had to have an x-ray when they found out she couldn't form her eggs properly, and I mentioned to the vet when she showed me the x-ray.

Her verdict was that it wasn't a deformity in her bone structure therefore wasn't mbd and that if it wasn't causing pain to touch then it shouldn't be a problem other than something to watch over time. Your boys lump may be different but it looks and sounds just like my girls. Hope this helps

DOes it ever go away?

It could just be his hip bone.
It has stayed the exact same size since I first noticed it. It looks exactly like the other legs hip bone but enlarged. Can hip bones develop differently?

Finally something I might have knowledge on. My veiled female has the sam thing on her right Side but closer to the tail which caused great concern and worry but she had to have an x-ray when they found out she couldn't form her eggs properly, and I mentioned to the vet when she showed me the x-ray.

Her verdict was that it wasn't a deformity in her bone structure therefore wasn't mbd and that if it wasn't causing pain to touch then it shouldn't be a problem other than something to watch over time. Your boys lump may be different but it looks and sounds just like my girls. Hope this helps
Thank you very much for your input. I will keep an eye on it and if it seems to cause any problems I will have it X-rayed. Like I said before though, I can poke at it and it doesn't even cause him distress.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Any other insight? Ours developed the same thing a few months back . X-rays inconclusive. She had a traumatic injury that resulted in her tail being non-surgically amputated before we got her in Nov '15, but these lumps just developed this spring. Still grumpy, per usual.

Hello, i’m having the exact same problem with my chameleon, she is around 9 months old. What did you do or how did you help your chameleon in this situation?

Hello, i’m having the exact same problem with my chameleon, she is around 9 months old. What did you do or how did you help your chameleon in this situation?
Hi. This thread is quite old and most likely those members are long gone. I suggest starting a new thread and make sure to include some pics of your chameleon from at least a few different angles.

Back
Top Bottom