Lights.

Thatdudepursley

Hello all, just curious as to if my cham, wuttichai, even requires a night light. Right now I am using a 50W day lamp from 6am-6pm and then I change to a purple night light from 6pm-6am. I have read about this before and some places say they require a day night cycle with lights. and others say that they don't require a night light. Just turning off the day light is enough. So I would like to get you guys opinions so that I can make the best space for wuttichai to hangout and live as long as possible.

Hello all, just curious as to if my cham, wuttichai, even requires a night light. Right now I am using a 50W day lamp from 6am-6pm and then I change to a purple night light from 6pm-6am. I have read about this before and some places say they require a day night cycle with lights. and others say that they don't require a night light. Just turning off the day light is enough. So I would like to get you guys opinions so that I can make the best space for wuttichai to hangout and live as long as possible.
I wouldnt use one, if its too cold, use a ceramic heat emmiter, not a light, it messes up their sleep patterns.

Definitely no lights on at night. They will not sleep well and it will indirectly lead to health issues.

I use a 45w bulb in the summer and a 75w in the winter. My veilds room can get down to high 50s in the winter. As mentioned, as long as there is basking available in the morning, all is good.

Back
Top Bottom