Lighting and hydration schedules

Throwingstones

Avid Member
What is everyone’s schedule like?

I’m always looking on ways to improve and we also switched to a hybrid enclosure starting last night. Humidity has been a challenge for me even in the screen enclosure, plus that was home built and the drainage was basically water would run onto my floor since it wasn’t perfectly square and I couldn’t find a tray to put under it. As of writing this around 6pm it’s 49%.
Also lighting. My house gets stupid hot in the summer time and we don’t have AC. Like it’s 6pm and it’s 79 degrees my home thermostat says. The enclosure is pretty much the same and it even was in the screen enclosure. I have 4 PC fans going 24hrs on there, two on top pulling up and 2 on bottom pushing in. And my ceiling fan going 24/7.

Here’s my current schedule.

6:30Am- 2min misting
7am-7pm UVB and jungle dawn are on.
7:30am-1:45pm is my basking light (today is the first day on that schedule, before it was same as UVB)
7:15pm 3 min misting (before was 2min)
10:30pm 2min misting (just added tonight)
1:30am-6am fogger (before it was whole time lights were out)

My Govee shows min temp was 71 and average humidity for last night was 54% in the top corner. Pretty much same for bottom corner. My other temp/humidity gage is about same for temp and reading almost 10% higher on average but that doesn’t have a logging system. They are all set up opposite each other in locations.

My brain doesn’t feel as sharp as I think it should be to properly answer you. What are your overnight temps? If they aren’t below at least 70 consistently, I would advise against fogging. It is the ideal at night to boost humidity, but not all of us can achieve that. I’m in Florida and unless I want a massive electric bill and have to replace my ac yet again, I can’t get my night temps below mid 70’s, so I don’t fog. I have my mist king go off for 15 seconds a couple of times during the night for a modest humidity boost. I’ve had problems with high humidity during the day, but I still mist for 2 minutes around lights on and shortly before lights off and for one minute mid day. I do have a dehumidifier if I need. Generally i try to keep humidity in the mid to high 40’s. For temps during the day, ambient in the room is usually around 76ish (hottest room in the house) and since I have girls, I keep basking temps at/around 80.
I do have screen enclosures that do have fabric shower curtain around the back and both sides.

L
My brain doesn’t feel as sharp as I think it should be to properly answer you. What are your overnight temps? If they aren’t below at least 70 consistently, I would advise against fogging. It is the ideal at night to boost humidity, but not all of us can achieve that. I’m in Florida and unless I want a massive electric bill and have to replace my ac yet again, I can’t get my night temps below mid 70’s, so I don’t fog. I have my mist king go off for 15 seconds a couple of times during the night for a modest humidity boost. I’ve had problems with high humidity during the day, but I still mist for 2 minutes around lights on and shortly before lights off and for one minute mid day. I do have a dehumidifier if I need. Generally i try to keep humidity in the mid to high 40’s. For temps during the day, ambient in the room is usually around 76ish (hottest room in the house) and since I have girls, I keep basking temps at/around 80.
I do have screen enclosures that do have fabric shower curtain around the back and both sides.
Lowest overnight is 71 it seems right now. In winter time this will change because my house gets way colder and my heater is very inefficient. It was about the same with the screen enclosure, maybe a degree or two colder. I will turn the fogger off and see how it goes. Urates are pretty white right now. So maybe I’ll keep an eye on that and adjust as needed. I fill the dripper up and then let it go until it runs out so hopefully she’s getting something.

What I do may not be helpful for you but I will share just the same just in case:

I hand mist at 7 am
Lights come on at 8 am
heat lamp comes on at 9 am - currently only on for about an hour and a half

If I see my chameleons drink when they wake up I add a dripper, if I do not see them drinking, then I only add a dripper on days that I feed them around 3 pm

Lights turn off at 8 pm
I hand mist at 10 pm before I go to bed

Temps drop from 8 pm to 10 pm naturally from my house and the lights being off, with my chameleons in my basement I am able to get temps down to 68 degrees, occasionally i'll use a fan in the room to help move cool air if needed
I fog for one hour on, one hour off from 1 am to 6 am

My schedule right now:

UVB: 7am – 9pm
Basking: 8am – 2pm
Misting: 12am, 1am, 2am, 3am, 4am, 5am, 6am, 9am – 1min each misting session
Grow Light: 6:30am – 8:00pm
Fogger: 1am – 5am

I'm still experimenting with the hydration.....I would like to not mist as much in the early morning but it is necessary to keep the humidity level at 80%

My schedule right now:

I'm still experimenting with the hydration.....I would like to not mist as much in the early morning but it is necessary to keep the humidity level at 80%
@Beman you are good at humidity adjustments what do yOu think?

My schedule right now:

It would be better if you start your own thread otherwise your info will get mixed up with the Original Poster of this thread. But here are a few notes. You want to run lights on for 12 hours only. Then 12 hours off.

My schedule right now:

UVB: 7am – 9pm Really want to reduce this to no more than 12 hours on. EX: 7-7pm Or 6:30-6:30pm. If you have lights kicking on this one could be the first one.
Basking: 8am – 2pm. This is fine if your morning humidity has started to reduce. I have mine kick on 2 hours after my first light so that the humidity has dropped before adding intense heat.
Misting: 12am, 1am, 2am, 3am, 4am, 5am, 6am, 9am – 1min each misting session Are you misting at all during the day for the cham?
Grow Light: 6:30am – 8:00pm Have this kick on 30 minutes after uvb and run until an hour or two prior to your UVB kicking off. This will help start a temp reduction for the night.
Fogger: 1am – 5am Make sure your night time temps are hitting below 67-68. If your temps are still running hot while fogging your risking the cham developing a respiratory infection.

Your misting totally is going to depend on your ambient house levels, type of cage, etc. The fact that you are running a fogger as well and your having issues maintaining humidity means you want to look at your actual over all house levels and cage type. See what adjustments need to be made there. Night time temps play into this a lot if they are running cool then your levels should stay consistent with higher humidity.

Back
Top Bottom