Humidity

Sir Reggie

I need help with humidity. I have a reptibreeze XL wrapped with the window shrink on 4 sides. Totally filled with live plants. I live in Central Texas. I fog at night for 30 minutes every 2 hours from 7pm to 6am mist for 1 minute twice a day after lights out and just before lights on.I have a humidifier in the room running at night. My humidity is only 70% at best at night. Urates are pale orange. Ineed help please.

Attachments

• 20231202_133815.jpg
    20231202_133815.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 19
If your chameleon is 8 and a half 9-ish months or older a good way to get hydration up is by giving them a horn worm. These are very hydrating but only give your chameleon about 2 a day when you see he’s dehydrated. Also you may want to look at these: 1 2 3 I hope these help! 😊

Hello! I’m also struggling with my humidity. I’ve got all hybrid enclosures and during the day due to the heater always running I’m struggling to keep my humidity in the low 40s. This is my hydration schedule currently in case it’s helpful for you:

7:45 mist for 2 min
8 lights on
10 am dripper installed
3 mist for 3 minutes
745 mist for 2 min
8 lights off
M
(Make sure your enclosure dries out all the way)
9 mist for 1 minute
12 mist for 1 minute
12-6 fog machine on

My humidity during the day is around the low 40s. At night I’m getting 60-70% right now.

I also feel that the fog machines we have available to us are not very strong. There is a video on chameleon academy where James Cross teaches you how to make a fog machine. This might be something to consider. I want to make some o just haven’t been able to do it yet.

I need help with humidity. I have a reptibreeze XL wrapped with the window shrink on 4 sides. Totally filled with live plants. I live in Central Texas. I fog at night for 30 minutes every 2 hours from 7pm to 6am mist for 1 minute twice a day after lights out and just before lights on.I have a humidifier in the room running at night. My humidity is only 70% at best at night. Urates are pale orange. Ineed help please.
It looks like your fog is coming in from the side rather than the top. I highly suggest putting the hose on the fogger on top of your enclosure so that the fog is going down and hitting as much as possible.

I don't even wrap any sides of my enclosure and I am getting 85-95% humidity from 1am-6am.

I started with this schedule and it's worked perfect for me. You may need to keep adjusting your schedule until you get it right. Also, keep in mind you don't have to keep the entire enclosure in that high humidity range of 80-100%. Really just where your chameleon sleeps is where you wanna focus on.

Here's my schedule:

7:00pm lights off
7:30pm 2 mins misting (humidity rises to 70s or so for a little while.

1:00am 2 mins mist + fogger turns on

**fogger stays on continuously**

6:00am fogger turns off
6:30am 2 mins mist
7:00am lights on

No misting or fogging while lights on for me. Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom