Chameleon cage

cadet21345

Established Member
I was wondering if there was anything wrong with the cage, humidity, and heat. I have mist every twelve hours for three minutes, once thirty minutes before the lights turn off and once thirty minutes after the lights turn on. Her lights are on from 6 am to 5 pm.Her fogger starts fogging at 5:30 pm for thirty minutes then It turns off for 30 minutes and it cycles like that until her lights turn on. Her basking lamp is either a 50 of 65 watt bulb and I live in Texas. Her uvb is wrong I'm gonna ask for the right uvb bulb on Christmas.

Attachments

• 16911808353543823245170575645963.jpg
    16911808353543823245170575645963.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 30
I was wondering if there was anything wrong with the cage, humidity, and heat. I have mist every twelve hours for three minutes, once thirty minutes before the lights turn off and once thirty minutes after the lights turn on. Her lights are on from 6 am to 5 pm.Her fogger starts fogging at 5:30 pm for thirty minutes then It turns off for 30 minutes and it cycles like that until her lights turn on. Her basking lamp is either a 50 of 65 watt bulb and I live in Texas. Her uvb is wrong I'm gonna ask for the right uvb bulb on Christmas.
Her cage is a 4x2x2

I use a dripper and fill it up with 6 seconds of water

You will need to make quite a few changes... Specifically UVB lighting should be a t5ho linear fixture and either a 5.0 or 6% bulb. Remove the substrate in the bottom this is an impaction and bacteria risk. You need many more branches or flukers vines hooked to the sides of the cage. With the new UVB type the closest you want branches below it is 8-9 inches away to put the cham in the right UVB level.
Read through this... It will help you with set up. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/

You want more veiled test plants. See image below.

You want a permanent lay bin. see image below.

Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 11.41.38 AM.png
laybin graphic.jpg

Back
Top Bottom