Humidity

Sir Reggie

male Veiled screened but wrapped all 4 sides 8 inches on top of one side and on bottom 1 side are open to air (not wrapped) inter cage full of live plants. The problem is humidity at night I run a humidifier at the bottom of the cage misting 1 time when the lights go out. My humidity is 66-68 % at night temperatures stays 65 66 degrees I would like to fog but it's to warm. Any tricks to getting the humidity down. House temp.72 40-50% humidity

Humidity down? Most use a 12v dc computer fan at the bottom of the cage to blow air in. This helps dry out the cage to prevent mold.

The only way I found to get temperatures down is either air conditioning or outside temperatures by drawing it in from outside . Fogging is definitely beneficial. But only temperatures 65 and below. Also bringing humidity up is quite difficult when you can’t trap the fog . I’m able to do this with doors. That completely close. Or that I can partially open on the sides to regulate trapping the fog . I dropped the fog from the top. I also use computer fans to dry out the cage during the day blowing in from the top.

Have I been doing it wrong this whole time? I have my pc fan sucking air out from the top … I mean it seems to be working to lower my humidity during the day but now I’m just wondering if I’ve got it backwards?

Have I been doing it wrong this whole time? I have my pc fan sucking air out from the top … I mean it seems to be working to lower my humidity during the day but now I’m just wondering if I’ve got it backwards?
I'm just trying to get humidity down at night so I can fog.

I wouldn’t say that I know a lot of people to do that exact thing . I’ve just implemented my differently or at least the way I do it, which blows fresh air in seems to dry quicker than by drawing it out.

I have a Jackson’s so low temps and high humidity at night are crucial for him. I fog from the top down because if you try to fog from the bottom up it just doesn’t work, the humid air is too heavy to move up. I try to aim the pvc pipe I use so the fog cascades down over my guy so he’s engulfed in it. Then I’m sure he’s breathing it. I have always fogged as long as the air temp is 68 degrees or lower. Thats what many people I have talked to recommended. Of course I prefer it to be below 67 degrees if at all possible. I will open a window right next to his enclosure if I have to to bring the temp down. I hope this helps. for some reason I can’t add photos showing you how I set up my fogger to fog from the top down so I will try to explain. I use a petspioneer fogger and some pvc pipe and fittings to take the fog from the top of the fogger up to the top of the enclosure then add an elbow piece and aprox A foot long straight piece of pvc pipe and then another elbow. This takes it up and over the enclosure, partway across the top and then angle it down over the chameleon. I cant remember what size pipe I used, might be 1 3/4 ? It just has to fit over the nozzle on your fogger.

Back
Top Bottom