Lightings and furniture questions

zombiepixel

1. Does anyone mount their electronics above their enclosure?

Currently I do because I have one of those stainless steel shelving units and the top shelf is actually above the cage allowing me to hang the lights from there and keep the power strip up there so there is no contact with moisture.

What i'm want to do is get rid of the big shelf and simplify the setup so it takes less space but I can't figure out how I would keep everything above the cage or figure out a way to keep keep the power strip out of water's way with out having cables all over the place or the cables having a hard time reaching the strip.

2. I want to come up with a way to easily remove vines and fake plants fixed to the screen of my enclosure so I can clean them easily with out using a bunch of wire.

I was thinking about using cubicle clips like these then just clip the vines to them. They are pretty much clothespins with two pins on the back that hook into fabric and mesh materials.

Anyone use anything similar or better?

those clips actually sound like a better idea than my zip ties cause atleast it makes it easier to change out the interior and clean instead of having to cut zip ties all the time.

yeah I tried the zip ties too but those are even more permanent then wire. I made the mistake of using zip ties to secure my thermometer wire and along a vine and put a zip tie ever few inches :eek:

I have some of these at work, they might work better since they have are grooved instead of flat.

4458511384_312ddc67ac.jpg

Back
Top Bottom