Ledges

jerleyb15

Does anybody know if there are any alternatives to dragonstrand ledges, i know they are worth it but i feel like i would need more than just a pack of 4 so if theres any alternatives to those that are cheaper ill gladly take those, I'm also quite handy so i can make them too i just dont know what materials i should use to make them , any ideas? Much appreciated.

Does anybody know if there are any alternatives to dragonstrand ledges, i know they are worth it but i feel like i would need more than just a pack of 4 so if theres any alternatives to those that are cheaper ill gladly take those, I'm also quite handy so i can make them too i just dont know what materials i should use to make them , any ideas? Much appreciated.
You can cut this shape out of wood and attached if you have pvc sides

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 72
Here are several alternatives. Some require anchoring to the frame—others do not.
For added options for those with ledges, see: Pan Flute Supports for Ledges

Theoretically, a pack of four dragon ledges should be enough. What you need to do is add branches that run vertically up and down, connecting the gaps in the ledges. Then you can attach horizontal branches for your cham wherever you like. I'll attach a pic of what I did for my DIY ledges.
1635398725866.jpeg

1635399186439.png

I placed my ledges pretty far apart. And then I zip-tied large "framework" branches vertically (see picture above). And then I attached appropriately-sized branches to the large framework branches. If you focus on attaching regular-sized branches solely to the ledges, you would be right that you might need more than a four-pack. But if you attach "framework" branches to the ledges, and then attach everything else to those branches, you then can hang branches anywhere, while still attaching plants to the ledges themselves.

Hopefully, this accurately addresses your concern regarding whether a pack of four would be enough.

If you want to do a DIY build using aluminum ledges, here's my thread: https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/diy-aluminum-ledges-and-cage-makeover.183866/

DIY aluminum ledges are a lot of work and very time-consuming (depending on the tools you have). If I need ledges in the future, especially with life becoming a race against time (I'm not dying, just super busy), I would definitely just buy dragon ledges or use any of the ideas @Klyde O'Scope mentioned. I thought I'd at least do a DIY ledge build once.

I recently just tried something myself I used some 1x2‘s I mounted some 4 ft wood on outside at beginning of cage build I got longer machine screws though to go thru both the wood and the cage. I also cut shorter ones for the inside and taped them in waterproof white tape then I cut little chucks taped them and then I mounted them on the inside of the cage putting the weight on the frame, I have tested them with another cage and I just remembered to actually take photos this time, I also plan on putting two in the back but will only be attached in the middle you could also put a double bar back there also, I hope this helps someone….View attachment 327755View attachment 327756View attachment 327757

Lots of great ideas. I used aluminum window screen frame on outside 1/4 inch stainless steel nuts as spacers then 1/2 inch cpvc with holes drilled in at different places it does the job
IMG_4630.jpg

Back
Top Bottom