keeping chameleon in your room?

i do have my cham in my room and i go to sleep late. he is on a timer though and his lights are on 8-8
he is fine

I keep my cham in my room as well. His timer is from 8-8. At night though I cover up his cage with this large bed sheet to make sure its nice and dark for him (kinda like you would do for a bird)

Glad to see others, I was planning on keeping mine in my room... timer already set 8 to 8 and I was planning on using the bed sheet idea as well.

Our Chameleon is in the living room and someone is normally up till 2am watchin tv or playing on pc either way there is normally noise and he sleeps thru it all sometimes goes to sleep before lights out and nothing seems to bother him once he is asleep he is gone lol nothing is waking him up :)

i have three in my small bedroom - using timers for the lights i have had no problems. I am actually amazed at how soundly they sleep once lights off - i do put a sheet over my eldest panthers enclosure because of his central location in my room and that's only when i know i am gonna up late.

Ensure the cham is in the dark when it is sleeping, regardless of which room it is in. They need darkness for a good sleep. They arent as effected by sound as by light. Just dont turn up the volume such that base vibrations are felt.

my cham sleeps in his free range in my room, right above my bed at sometimes. he hasnt pooped on me yet he seems to only poo in his cage since thats were his only basking lamp is :D

When I first got into Cham husbandry I had 2 baby panthers in my bedroom. Had timers set from 7-8. Occasionally stayed up till 2 or 3 am. Never used the bedsheets.. They were in my bedroom from 3 months to 11 months old. They've since been moved into my "chameleon room" but both grew up healthy and strong. Never was a problem. Like everyone has been saying. Once their lights go off, they sleep like a rock. :)

It depends on the chameleon whether they will wake up or not to vibrations and lights. Most chams are sensitive to it but my cham Leo seems like he could sleep through an earthquake and he has even had light in the room (but the cage placement is in the shadows) without waking up. Hell, one night I had to move him and jostled him about and he still slept soundly.

Mine are in my room all 4 and no problems. The lights for them go off at about 8 and they sleep through me in the room on the computer or watching tv. Never have had any issues with them not sleeping.

Back
Top Bottom